sharetrader
Page 456 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3564064464524534544554564574584594604665065569561456 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    For those interested, new add by Air.

#AspireToFly: Air New Zealand Cabin Crew & the Adventure of Life Above the Clouds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmEpkOOItTE
    Flight attendants on long haul routes certainly work very hard and endure some unpleasant things. Relatively quick turnarounds (e.g. AKL-YVR with one paid day off, then back YVR-AKL), a few unpleasant customers, the usual politics and dealing with some difficult situations (e.g. Heart attack on a SFO-AKL sector I was travelled on).

On the flip side I've seen the comradeship and the joy they get from talking with the bulk of the passengers.

I wonder what staff turnover is like for long-haul flight attendants.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Flight attendants on long haul routes certainly work very hard and endure some unpleasant things. Relatively quick turnarounds (e.g. AKL-YVR with one paid day off, then back YVR-AKL), a few unpleasant customers, the usual politics and dealing with some difficult situations (e.g. Heart attack on a SFO-AKL sector I was travelled on).

On the flip side I've seen the comradeship and the joy they get from talking with the bulk of the passengers.

I wonder what staff turnover is like for long-haul flight attendants.
    I used to think it would be glamorous but not any more--Dont think the body is meant for that sort of thing (always in a state of limbo with time zones etc.,weird hrs,and like you say,any drama that comes along has to play out in a small tin space,cant step out for a breath of fresh air ,or go home sick (or even stay home sick if your on a layover)

They do a pretty good job ,considering--one of the strong points of AIR....seating ..well...lets just say you should stay on that diet and hopefully you are not tall.
    Last edited by skid; 27-01-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Guru

Well,wouldnt you know it...Just when we had this discussion about price,theres this article in the Herald about AIR dropping their prices--competition has self regulated.--If other airlines ticket prices have an effect on AIR,I reckon its fair game to discuss----Awaiting with interest

Here comes the pricing wars.

Auckland to LA - return for $788 on grabaseat.

I'm going in October for my wedding - I'm watching eagerly to see if my fares will be dropping ... currently paying $1800 return.

Not really a pricing war..most of the super specials are limited to 30 seats, (one tenth of one plane load spread out over dozens of flights). probably grabs the attention of some price sensitive travellers who might otherwise not have flown at all and actually boosts their load factors and thereby is still a profitable exercise. Good P.R. too. They did this a bit last year too, low volume one day super specials to international destinations, pays to subscribe to daily deals with www.grabaseat.co.nz for people that want to take advantage. Hmmm... speaking of public relations, I wonder if there's any correlation between these super specials and complaints of overcharging...done for effect ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-01-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Wow, it will soon be possible to view the sun scorched sands of Arabia and the drifting icebergs of the Southern Ocean out the window of the same flight.

Go to(read the last paragraph);

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/qatar...16-619487.html

I speculate they will use the old banger 777's to prove up the route then switch to A350's

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Profit taking today or unease with price cutting ?

Investor

Still no sign of op stats for Dec, still cross checking numbers perhaps??

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Profit taking today or unease with price cutting ?
    Maybe one due to the other blockhead.

Perhaps will wait a few days before releasing the ops stats for this reduced prices to cool down

Quote Originally Posted by GuessX View Post
    Here comes the pricing wars.

Auckland to LA - return for $788 on grabaseat.

I'm going in October for my wedding - I'm watching eagerly to see if my fares will be dropping ... currently paying $1800 return.
    Don't be hopeful, will be limited seats on limited dates..just about marginal income clearing any surplus seats...just a different way of clear seats such as reverse auctions..also handy PR to use that they are lowering prices...expect a bumper result..