sharetrader
Page 457 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 3574074474534544554564574584594604614675075579571457 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 20178

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Might breach $3 the way its shaping

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Might breach $3 the way its shaping
    **** - what a drop

well shes quite high above the 50 and 200 MA's I'm not surprised it's pulled back a bit. I haven't checked it in a while but if I'm correct it also breached the bollingers and is pulling back through the top band. Just some technical pressure I reckon. I don't think the overall uptrend has been sabotaged. I've been wrong before! Don't trust me just my opinion

Its fair to say there's some nervousness caused by Mr Luxon's comments yesterday and with them being widely reported people took them at face value. It was implied that AIR face an enormous challenge filling their extra 12 % capacity and that substantial price drops were needed to achieve that. Keep in mind the audience those comments were aimed at.

The facts, (as best we know them) is that as per the Nov Op stat's YTD capacity grew at 12% but revenue passage kilometres grew at 12.2% so AIR have been doing a very good job filling the extra seats with existing sales and marketing strategies and average load factors have been very robust at an average of 84% well above QAN 81%. Yields to date have also been good in the context of much lower oil prices.

Some nervous holders decided to take profits, run for the door and ask questions later. I wasn't one of them.

Guru

Its like a bit of a deja vu--those Herald articles about price cutting and competition.
    It came right last time so probably no reason to get to upset as long as results are good when they come out. (the next set of results after these will be interesting) We will have a better idea then of how the cost cutting is affecting things--same story though--fill the planes and you are sweet.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by samdaman View Post
    well shes quite high above the 50 and 200 MA's I'm not surprised it's pulled back a bit. I haven't checked it in a while but if I'm correct it also breached the bollingers and is pulling back through the top band. Just some technical pressure I reckon. I don't think the overall uptrend has been sabotaged. I've been wrong before! Don't trust me just my opinion
    Correct, it has come back rather quickly(!) to the rising support trend line (closing price), which is well below the high(s) price breakouts and is a sign of a $3.02/$3.00 support retest. Jmo.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 27-01-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

Some nervous holders decided to take profits, run for the door and ask questions later. I wasn't one of them.
    It's easy to scare the horses in today's market and the nervous Nellies ran from the stable today without really understanding the story.

I guess they've simply created a buying opportunity for the more astute investor and we'll see them moving in on Thursday.

Plenty of exciting stuff to come yet from AIR and absolutely no need to panic. The December stats and the half year result will both make fascinating reading.

Additional flights .... can only be good

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11580666

Totally agree pierre..it was a good buying opportunity for anyone that wasn't already on board or who wanted to increase their allocation.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11580616 Had the desired effect including the desired publicity and a smart move in a political sense.

I'm Not sure an extra 15% capacity expansion to Queenstown will be anywhere nearly enough but I am sure they can expand much more at a later date now that night flights are approved, (subject to sufficient aircraft capacity).
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-01-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Big buys at the end of trading today. May be up again tomorrow a bit.