sharetrader
Page 458 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3584084484544554564574584594604614624685085589581458 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

AIR Shareprice history is volatile ... steep rises and steep falls... That is the nature of the beast..and that's why I'm super alert with this one...todays drop 15.5c -4.8% to close at $3.07 has caused no major technical damage but it's a worry as are all cyclicals in their mature bull cycle phase...Yes a shareprice worry even with a good result due + a possible big special Div..

Disc: holding

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    It's easy to scare the horses in today's market and the nervous Nellies ran from the stable today without really understanding the story.

I guess they've simply created a buying opportunity for the more astute investor and we'll see them moving in on Thursday.

Plenty of exciting stuff to come yet from AIR and absolutely no need to panic. The December stats and the half year result will both make fascinating reading.
    You may well be right and this could be a storm in a tea cup...the ''nervous Nellies'' is getting a bit tired and worn out though--Lets just say some investors got spooked,for better or worse.
    Guess we'll see in the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    You may well be right and this could be a storm in a tea cup...the ''nervous Nellies'' is getting a bit tired and worn out though--Lets just say some investors got spooked,for better or worse.
    Guess we'll see in the coming days.
    They reality is people simply may have a different mind set, simply profit taking rather than nervous may be the answer. I don't believe anyone informed on the company would have taken a negative from the announcement.

I think the Auckland to Queenstown market at night is a great idea as it will allow a lot of workers in Auckland to make a weekend of it with a decent amount of time down in Queenstown. It also has limited competition, nice point of difference in this offering.
    Last edited by Raz; 28-01-2016 at 07:25 AM.

Some years back AIR increased capacity on the AKL- WLG sector with extra flights and as a result found they had grown the market share from their competitors. The increased frequency allowed passengers more options for their travel requirements. I think this Queenstown announcement will achieve the same, taking market share from Jetstar and the alike.

Remember long term resistance (the $3 barrier in his case) when breached generally becomes solid support.

Let's see how TA plays out. Was support last week so working so far
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Remember long term resistance (the $3 barrier in his case) when breached generally becomes solid support.

Let's see how TA plays out. Was support last week so working so far
    Im actually surprised no one seemed to see this coming..looking at it simply(perhaps over simply) it exactly what happened before when competition was introduced.The SP took a bit of a ride down.
    IMO we are in market sentiment territory atm (not in a huge way though)
    I think it could breach resistance for that reason and still make a comeback,simply because thats what it did before,or it could bounce back today(there are a few buys @1.10 but only around 1000)

flying to Queenstown at night through that canyon on a blustery night--Ayai yai yai yai!
    Meanwhile theres already an accommodation shortage.....Queenstown RIP

On an unrelated note my friend knows someone who bought a section outside of Wanaka and put a Yurt on it(apparently you can buy them in Christchrch -Apparently they are quite spacious-Id love to go see it.

Cool eh?
    http://www.tipis.co.nz/yurts.html
    Last edited by skid; 28-01-2016 at 09:26 AM.

https://nzx.com/companies/AIR/announcements/276898

Dec stat's are out and are stunning exceeding my best expectations. Revenue passenger kilometres growing at over 18% and capacity growing at the same rate. Load factors are very high at 85% and group wide yields are only slightly lower than last year despite AIR very low fuel prices. Given that Houston and South American flights started mid way through December IIRC ? I expect a full months flights from January onwards will see even higher growth rates in passenger kilometre's flown.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    flying to Queenstown at night through that canyon on a blustery night--Ayai yai yai yai!
    Meanwhile theres already an accommodation shortage.....Queenstown RIP
    I see nothing...I fear nothing

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    https://nzx.com/companies/AIR/announcements/276898

Dec stat's are out and are stunning exceeding my best expectations. Revenue passenger kilometres growing at over 18% and capacity growing at the same rate. Load factors are very high at 85% and group wide yields are only slightly lower than last year despite AIR very low fuel prices. Given that Houston and South American flights started mid way through December IIRC ? I expect a full months flights from January onwards will see even higher growth rates in passenger kilometre's flown.
    That's correct Roger, Houston and Buenos Aires started beginning of Dec. I'm sure those numbers be quite encouraging.

No snippets about the FY earnings, looks like they're keeping things close to their chest.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Tomorrow hopefully - numbers will imply revenues at least 14% up on last year I reckon. Might even mention that H1 earnings about $500m-$525m - yes?

Good day in the office today - share wise that is
    Great December stats - implies revenues for month up 15% on last year

As Roger says this growth rate will only get higher over the rest of the financial year

In $ terms December revenues probably $60m more than last year - yes +$60m in one month. What's that in annual growth?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”