sharetrader
Page 467 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3674174574634644654664674684694704714775175679671467 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 20182

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Singapore Airlines has beaten analyst predictions but sees headwinds with increased competition from budget rivals. Net profit up 36% and operating profit up 96%.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ahead-ik85hayk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Buns on seats drive profits.eps growth will drive the share price.
    They'd get squashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Back to the thread subject folks. It's fair to say I've been surprised by the speed and extent of the fall in the SP and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Looking at the depth and pattern of selling it seems for over a week now at least two institutions have been competing fairly vigorously to lighten their position.

I am not convinced this is a rational response, (there is significant new competition coming later this year and no way to sugar coat that) but likewise AIR are expanding strongly and as previously posted the latest stat's provide strong encouragement that they can fill their 12% capacity expansion, (half year to date 17% increase in RPK's).

I guess some institutions were simply spooked by all the negative press. Its good that the SP has so far held the 100 day MA which gives some comfort at a time when many will be struggling a little to cope with the turbulence.

All the monthly stat's to date have been very solid and the YTD stat's are very impressive. I continue to hold on the basis that I believe the management and marketing team are an extremely capable and talented group of people. Nobody likes turbulence but I guess one has to accept its par for the course with all airline stocks.
    I agree with you Roger. This year should be good for them, Domestically with the Eagle Air operations winding down and the transition to an all Q300s and ATR72 fleet completing. Internationally with Houston and Buenos Aries starting, and I would expect them to announce something else new, perhaps Hobart or Manila.

With low oil prices and booming visitor numbers, the increased competition and capacity into NZ is not surprising. I wouldn't be surprised if AIR keeps some 767s for a bit longer (before ordering more new 787s) to keep up with this increased competition and demand.

But next year, watch out for further capacity coming into NZ from competitors (AA, Air Asia, Qatar etc.) and Jetstar regional operations expanding. I think I will sell before then.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Great management,lead by a brilliant CEO.
    Great staff.
    Great Planes.ie the right planes to do the job.Newish fleet better fuel economy and lower maintance costs.
    Great Routes.
    Great upgrades of Koru lounges.
    Great deal more people travelling to NZ.
    Great deal more people travelling within NZ.
    Buns on seats drive profits.eps growth will drive the share price.
    I would think you/we are "well positioned."
    Agree 100% Percy. Also lead by an extremely capable group of Directors and growing at its fastest pace in its 75 year history. Good to have some older heads like Tony Carter for C.L. to defer too from time to time.

Hi Kelvin - No question the increased competition coming will have some impact and we've seen that reflected in the SP lately.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-02-2016 at 11:46 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

ENERAL: AIR: Air New Zealand's 2015 Data Book
    Air New Zealand is pleased to launch a new look and feel to our investor
    centre website, along with the release of the inaugural 2015 Data Book.
    Click here for link to Air New Zealand's Investor Centre website:
    http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/investor-centre
    Click here for link to Air New Zealand's 2015 Databook:
    http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/databook

Investor

That's good piece of booklet they put together for anyone looking for all info.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Always promote yourselves in good times

And all the numbers and charts will look even better in next years. book.

Will have to change the scale on the earnings chart houghton
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Back to the thread subject folks. It's fair to say I've been surprised by the speed and extent of the fall in the SP and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Looking at the depth and pattern of selling it seems for over a week now at least two institutions have been competing fairly vigorously to lighten their position.

I am not convinced this is a rational response, (there is significant new competition coming later this year and no way to sugar coat that) but likewise AIR are expanding strongly and as previously posted the latest stat's provide strong encouragement that they can fill their 12% capacity expansion, (half year to date 17% increase in RPK's).

I guess some institutions were simply spooked by all the negative press. Its good that the SP has so far held the 100 day MA which gives some comfort at a time when many will be struggling a little to cope with the turbulence.

All the monthly stat's to date have been very solid and the YTD stat's are very impressive. I continue to hold on the basis that I believe the management and marketing team are an extremely capable and talented group of people. Nobody likes turbulence but I guess one has to accept its par for the course with all airline stocks.
    I wasn't too surprised to see it come back, albeit a bit quick it looked a smidge overbought IMO. I think I even said that a while back. Even I was getting itchy seeing it at that price. Wait for it to bounce off those MA's which it looks like its doing today? I've only got a slight eye on it ATM. Be greedy when others are fearful I guess

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Yes looks good on a very quick skim read, I'll have a thorough read ASAP, interesting to note they own rather than lease all their dreamliners, they must think they're on to a good thing with those fancy new birds..anyway here's the link folks:, just click on the pretty aircraft picture http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/databook
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

AIR good at doing this. Nice solid candlestick with a close on/near the high, followed by a few more days of fun. Will it happen again or is this just a DCB? Lets see if she can get to the 295 area today, which may provide a bit of resistance.