sharetrader
Page 485 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3854354754814824834844854864874884894955355859851485 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Short term higher highs and higher lows. Looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Short term higher highs and higher lows. Looking good.
    That 3 bucks again very soon

This time it will kick on to 4 bucks (or at least 350) - before cyclical influencers kick in
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Did anybody read that feature on Luxon in TheListener
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

This time it will kick on to 4 bucks (or at least 350) - before cyclical influencers kick in
    Rog says it's different this time mate. No longer cyclical so all good.

Yes, the article reiterates that he is the man for the job. I read that Alan Joyce is intent on remaining CEO of Qantas for "many years to come" so I hope Chris Luxon does the same at Air New Zealand, regardless of where the cyclical pattern may be!

Thanks for the heads up but I didn't get around to getting it. Having met him after the 2014 meeting and had a good discussion I was extremely impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Rog says it's different this time mate. No longer cyclical so all good.
    LOL we'll see. The whole world seems to be pricing airlines like we're going into a global recession...only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    Yes, the article reiterates that he is the man for the job. I read that Alan Joyce is intent on remaining CEO of Qantas for "many years to come" so I hope Chris Luxon does the same at Air New Zealand, regardless of where the cyclical pattern may be!
    He's fairly young too for a CEO with plenty of enthusiasm so I really hope he makes AIR N.Z. his long term career. I'm certain he could earn substantially more overseas but he earns plenty and not everything by any means in terms of quality of life can be measured by money. I reckon we have it pretty good here in little old N.Z.

I planted a seed with the suggestion of a decent sized on market buy-back yesterday.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-02-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Had to double check, we have a four cent move! Lets hope the emotional highs around here do not correspond with equally emotional lows as we slid back at times..:=)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks for the heads up but I didn't get around to getting it. Having met him after the 2014 meeting and had a good discussion I was extremely impressed.

LOL we'll see. The whole world seems to be pricing airlines like we're going into a global recession...only time will tell.
    He's fairly young too for a CEO with plenty of enthusiasm so I really hope he makes AIR N.Z. his long term career. I'm certain he could earn substantially more overseas but he earns plenty and not everything by any means in terms of quality of life can be measured by money. I reckon we have it pretty good here in little old N.Z.
    It a relativity game, not many people earn consistently a seven figures here, while in the US or Europe you are in a large crowd. The money certainly does not go so far overseas. He certainly could get another airline gig however in real purchasing power terms it would not pay much more and not offer the same advantages as AIR. He an't going to move into the major eight figures unless he makes it in the US and more than likely leaves the airline industry. More likely to move within NZ/Australia if at all, esp given his education and I understand he hasn't been a senior investment banker/consultant in NYC, Chicago or LA.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I planted a seed with the suggestion of a decent sized on market buy-back yesterday.
    Hope they take note of your point there Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Hope they take note of your point there Roger.
    Yeap me too. I asked C.L. to table my suggestion to the board. I wouldn't mind having a chat with Tony Carter directly about this and follow up on my questions and discussion with him after the 2015 Annual meeting. If anyone has his e.mail or phone contact details I'd really appreciate it if you could PM me with them.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-02-2016 at 11:32 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine