sharetrader
Page 503 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 340345349349950050150250350450550650751355360310031503 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 20180

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    Where did you see that Roger.
    They downgraded to $2.89 on feb 25
    Must have old info off 4traders. Someone's upgraded from $3.40 to $3.45 but the consensus valuation has come down from $3.27 before the result to $3.18 afterwards despite a big increase in consensus FY17 EPS...go figure. Better to go off company guidance as I'm not sure any of the brokers has any more visibility on earnings than AIR management have.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-02-2016 at 11:37 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

US senator wants government to set airline seat-size rules

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/new...ectid=11597134

Not sure this will ever take off (excuse the Pun), although, cannot go too much smaller no one will fit, or are we moving to stand up seats

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Very low and significantly lower than Qan and I note Qan didn't give guidance for FY16. It continues to baffle me why the analysts are so negative on AIR's medium term prospects.

Fact is several months ago after the 2015 annual meeting I made the bold call that analysts were FAR too pessimistic on FY17 EPS estimates, (consensus at that point was 32 cps). Sure enough over recent months we've seen this steadily rise to 54.8 cps a whopping 71% increase, which seems far more realistic.

I will leave you good folks to decide what level of credibility you want to ascribe to consensus analyst forecast for FY18 earnings for AIR of 42.3 cps...but its worth noting they're basing their consensus valuation on a big fall off in AIR's earnings for FY18 and yet Australian analysts think FY18 earnings for QAN will exceed FY16 earnings of 64.3 cps...Hmmm.
    Don't overlook 'home country' bias in these company valuations. With most coverage of AIR and QAN coming out of Aussie QAN picture always will look rosier.

Also bear in mind Australian companies over the years tend to be rewarded with higher PEs than NZ ones.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don't overlook 'home country' bias in these company valuations. With most coverage of AIR and QAN coming out of Aussie QAN picture always will look rosier.

Also bear in mind Australian companies over the years tend to be rewarded with higher PEs than NZ ones.
    And yet the ASX200 has shown no overall return for the last 5 years !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Well, another action packed day with 7c swing after being as high as 2.80 settles down at 2.73 at close.

Last edited by Beagle; 29-02-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Guru

Along with Airbus which was mentioned more than once--Interesting article though ..I find the more you can create a ''cocoon like'' atmosphere ,the better--like they say, earplugs, eye covers..and I always bring a light beany as well to put on the head(all that air movement is aggravating) neck pillows help as well-I always put my stuff like that in the outside pocket where i can get to it easily(along with a small flashlight)--but nothing beats a roomy seat in a good spot.

That 'night time' experience on a Dreamliner is not pleasant .....eps when you know its day time outside

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That 'night time' experience on a Dreamliner is not pleasant .....eps when you know its day time outside
    And the best way to combat jet lag is to sleep when it dark outside and stay awake when it is light outside. I get very P1553D off when cabin crew ask me to pull my window blind down when it is light outside and I want to see the view.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    And the best way to combat jet lag is to sleep when it dark outside and stay awake when it is light outside. I get very P1553D off when cabin crew ask me to pull my window blind down when it is light outside and I want to see the view.
    Totally agree - daytime is daytime.

Sunrises are brillant from up in the sky eh ......and I missed seeing the Gobi Desert recently.

Roger, you will find out what we mean on your big trip later in the year