sharetrader
Page 504 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 440445449450050150250350450550650750851455460410041504 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Dilettante

I have traveled a few long hauls on Dreamliners over the last couple of years. In my view it is a far superior experience with thebetter air quality (less dryness) and quietness of the planes a major plus. Not so sure about the lighting or the dimming system on the windows but size of windows great. I would chose Dreamliners for long haul each time over other planes if I had a competitive choice when and where I wanted to travel.
    I think these will serve AIR well.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I have traveled a few long hauls on Dreamliners over the last couple of years. In my view it is a far superior experience with thebetter air quality (less dryness) and quietness of the planes a major plus. Not so sure about the lighting or the dimming system on the windows but size of windows great. I would chose Dreamliners for long haul each time over other planes if I had a competitive choice when and where I wanted to travel.
    I think these will serve AIR well.
    Thanks Iceman really appreciate your feedback. AIR will have nine in their fleet, (more than any other wide-body aircraft type), by Nov 2016. Apparently AIR have been getting widespread very positive customer feedback along similar lines from other customers too. Then there's the 24% cost savings and no deep cycle maintenance for the first 9 years. As they said on the call, there's tremendous potential for free cash flow later this decade as AIR will have a remarkably young average fleet age of 6 years by FY19. This suggests to me that AIR will be a high dividend yield share for the foreseeable future..unlike almost any other airline in the world.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks Iceman really appreciate your feedback. AIR will have nine in their fleet, (more than any other wide-body aircraft type), by Nov 2016. Apparently AIR have been getting widespread very positive customer feedback along similar lines from other customers too. Then there's the 24% cost savings and no deep cycle maintenance for the first 9 years. As they said on the call, there's tremendous potential for free cash flow later this decade as AIR will have a remarkably young average fleet age of 6 years by FY19. This suggests to me that AIR will be a high dividend yield share for the foreseeable future..unlike almost any other airline in the world.
    New planes are better than older ones - we expect that improvement of course

But no doubt some have to put up with the old clangers (some refitted) that AIR still fly recent flight Singapore and Hong Kong) Still laugh how I pissed the man sitting next to me off several times by turning on my overhead light - slightly misdirected and straight into his sleeping eyes. I just smiled sweetly and said 'operational issue I think'
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Fly A330-300 Exclusively

Had an interesting experience on my return flight yesterday:

After we were all seated a group of about 16 passengers, for reasons unknown, decided not to take the flight.
    So firstly their luggage had to be found and removed from the hold.
    Also, given that they had all been seated up front, there was some re-arrangement of the remaining passengers, presumably to improve the balance.

Finally, as an added bonus, the captain announced that due to exceptional head winds our 5 hour flight would be nearly 6.

Talking of exceptional:
    So $432M + Virgin + The Engine Shop (which I had forgotten about !) NPBT for a NPAT of $338M.

That beat even my biggest estimate and yet the world appears not to happy it about judging by the SP since.

So Full Year?
    Given what AIR are saying I would guestimate at the moment $850M + $30M from Virgin (HY tax benefit replaced by actual operation improvement) + $20M (real guess) from the Engines R'Us for $900M total
    After tax that would be $650M upwards.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS First half of FY17 currently looking good.
    om mani peme hum

Well today bucked the three day trend of opening high and then getting smashed throughout the day, indicating the bulls are starting to regain control short term. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

Vin -,post lunch actin kicking in

Positive this time eh

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Vin -,post lunch actin kicking in

Positive this time eh
    Hope you not calling 3 bucks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

After we were all seated a group of about 16 passengers, for reasons unknown, decided not to take the flight.
    Also, given that they had all been seated up front, there was some re-arrangement of the remaining passengers, presumably to improve the balance.

Finally, as an added bonus, the captain announced that due to exceptional head winds our 5 hour flight would be nearly 6.

Talking of exceptional:
    So $432M + Virgin + The Engine Shop (which I had forgotten about !) NPBT for a NPAT of $338M.

That beat even my biggest estimate and yet the world appears not to happy it about judging by the SP since.

P.S. Nice to see some sanity return to the SP.

So Full Year?
    Given what AIR are saying I would guestimate at the moment $850M + $30M from Virgin (HY tax benefit replaced by actual operation improvement) + $20M (real guess) from the Engines R'Us for $900M total

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Fascinating story PT. Ever seen the opening scenes from the movie Final Destination ? 16 people getting off for no disclosed reason would have really freaked me out !
    With you on the full year profit forecast but I'm a little more bullish which probably won't surprise anyone on here

P.S. Nice to see some sanity returning to the SP. Maybe the "hot money" that was disappointed for whatever reason(s) best known to others, has finally been flushed out of the system ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-03-2016 at 05:17 PM. Reason: The bumpy ride continues, thankfully at a slightly higher altitude - add post close SP comment
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Hope you not calling 3 bucks again.
    Next week for sure Johnny - 3 bucks it will be

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

Talking of exceptional:

So Full Year?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Thats what we will be on to KL--I like the fact that there are only 2 seats by the windows (we,once again were lucky to be able to choose our seats (first 2 in a row near the front but just far enough from the bulkhead that crying kids and babies are not to close)
    The AIR sale was not on so went with MAL but they have just started again ,(might of taken it if I had known) $1250(cheapest) compared to $1120 is still doable...but that choosing seats thing is the next best thing to an upgrade..its a big plus to know you are not in the middle of the middle....AIR to Vancouver..vs..MAL to KL---comparison coming up in late June...stay tuned