sharetrader
Page 507 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 740745749750350450550650750850951051151755760710071507 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Really appreciate the contrasting points of view from Messrs Robert and Hoop. Seems someone out there has pressed the big green BUY button the last two days.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Don't want to jinx this, hopefully that one or two big sellers have gone.

I certainly think it'll be $3 before it goes ex-div next week.
    ...and a few days after the initial fall ex-div it will be back to $3 again.

Good stuff eh
    Last edited by winner69; 03-03-2016 at 04:04 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Polite cough

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks for the link PT. I will definitely have a good look when my head stops hurting. Current year PE 17.6 on EPS of 65 cps and a SPD of $11.50. Still one supposes the current year dividend yield provides some respite from the high PE - 3% and then there's the trading on more than 10 times NTA to admire compared to AIR on 1.6 times NTA Hmmm, I thought airlines were horribly cyclical...best we keep this from our friend Hoop eh... Apparently the world as we know it is ending and we're heading into the GFC Mk2 didn't you know
    NTA was around $10.50 at report time so that is a ratio nearer 1.1 (one point one) than 10.

When you look at it properly you will spot lots of interesting differences between them and your favourite airline.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS Airlines ARE 'horribly' cyclical - even Singapore Airlines
    om mani peme hum

A good mate put it to me last week that he reckoned he'd seen saner people on the inside of the lock up dementia wards he manages than those selling AIR shares at $2.73 cum the 10 cent divvy.
    At the time I thought that was quite a big calll but with the benefit of more analysis that looks like a pretty fair summation to me.

PT - must have been the sore head blurring my vision. PE's are straight off 4 traders consensus analysis so that parts spot on and not really conducive to a cyclical company is it ?...guess they're on a different part of the cycle then seeing as they exist in an apparently different global economic environment Strange beasts these cyclical's aren't they, no wonder so many people are scared of them !

Of course for those of us that are simple show me the money kind of guys, AKA dividend hounds looking for a regular decent feed, thankfully life is somewhat simpler.

Yes, absolutely I am looking forward to reading the Singapore annual report so thanks again.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-03-2016 at 04:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    A good mate put it to me last week that he reckoned he'd seen saner people on the inside of the lock up dementia wards he manages than those selling AIR shares at $2.73 cum the 10 cent divvy.
    At the time I thought that was quite a big calll but with the benefit of more analysis that looks like a pretty fair summation to me.

PT - must have been the sore head blurring my vision PT. PE's are straight off 4 traders consensus analysis so that parts spot on and not really conducive to a cyclical company is it
    Couta does make some big calls

Air does not have the scale to attract the big institutions, that is why its metrics are not reflected in the SP in comparison. Although good to see the SP step up prior to ex-dividend.

Saw this somewhere today but can't remember where - seems appropriate to this thread

"Investing is a funny thing. It is as much about sentiment and confidence as it is about fundamentals and value"

Prob means there is no right or wrong answer except today the market is right
    Last edited by winner69; 04-03-2016 at 09:07 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/air-new-ze...ectid=11599625

Air NZ and Air India the last ones left in this long and IMO unneccesarily drawn out law suit

Guru

Default Positives & Negatives...your choice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Saw this somewhere today but can't remember where - seems appropriate to this thread

"Investing is a funny thing. It is as much about sentiment and confidence as it is about fundamentals and value"

Prob means there is no right or wrong answer except today the market is right
    Got both at the moment...the 2 rights, Winner
    There's a feel good sentiment out there as well as good financial fundamentals..also the Market that AIR trades in (NZX) is one of the few markets that is still in it's Bull Market cycle..that suggests any rally is less likely be the sucker type..however in keeping with Rogers thoughts about me, there is the Global Airline market that influences AIR and that market has a negative primary tide so that bear market may override the AIR/NZX bull relationship..

But in the meantime TA indicators are starting to fire buy signals as AIR reaches its acid test (the 2.96 - 3.00 resistance zone).

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    But in the meantime TA indicators are starting to fire buy signals as AIR reaches its acid test (the 2.96 - 3.00 resistance zone).
    My favourite ducks have certainly all lined up again, but lets see how this resistance zone pans out. Should get an indication late afternoon when the large buyer/s (Asian?) start kicking in.