sharetrader
Page 547 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 4744749753754354454554654754854955055155759764710471547 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,470 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Normalised the size of my holding today as I don't see any point in mucking about and don't want to be caught short when the market reacts positively to the announcement of AIR's exit from VAH and at the same time announces a large on market buy-back and fully imputed special dividend

The market is obviously relieved that VAH will no longer be a leech sucking AIR's blood and AIR will have a nice unencumbered flight path going forward.
    chopped half of my holding the other day and happy to hold the remaining, wait and see the real outcome before making decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    chopped half of my holding the other day and happy to hold the remaining, wait and see the real outcome before making decision.
    And fair enough too. I'm back to half my previous overweight position now and happy to do nothing more in the meantime until we get further visibility on how things are progressing. Historical dividend yield based on last two, (some would say very conservative dividends) amount to 19.5 cps / 288 = 6.77% net. Its fully imputed so is 9.4% gross. Earnings growth should lift dividends going forward and a special is now very much back in play now too. One could take the view of looking through the current noise and saying this company can pay a very high sustained dividend yield, (management talked about the potential for tremendous free cash flow later this decade in their recent conference call). I think this is another perspective on the stock and one I feel is more pertinent now the flight path is in the process of becoming unobstructed.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-04-2016 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post

Never underestimate how much 'strategic value' is worth, no matter how the financials look
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yes heard you the first time winner :-) and agree

The fact that Singapore said "Anything else would be speculative at this point." rather than no we are not interested or similar points to they are interested and looking hard imho.

Jay - just reminding some that there could be a decent one off bonus for share holders in this

Some seem rather despondent/have doubts about holding AIR. I reckon no better time to hold than now and see how this pans out

Whether its a special dividend or a share buyback if there isa big win thats good - if no big win AIR will still be making heaps this year
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Couldn't agree more w69
    I'm relatively new to the party, but still holding my modest lot.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jay - just reminding some that there could be a decent one off bonus for share holders in this

Some seem rather despondent/have doubts about holding AIR. I reckon no better time to hold than now and see how this pans out

Whether its a special dividend or a share buyback if there isa big win thats good - if no big win AIR will still be making heaps this year
    Agree 100%. In general Chinese airlines are looking at a 50% expansion of capacity to Australia this year, (source QAN most recent half year report) so at least one of them is probably gagging to get their hands on a stake in VAH.

Guru

From

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/archives/just_in/4

And nothing announced here yet. Embargo's obviously don't apply to the Phillipines.

Direct flights from Manila to New Zealand coming in December
    Published April 5, 2016 4:54pm
    Filipinos will soon be able to book direct flights from Manila to Auckland, New Zealand and back beginning December.

Air New Zealand announced on Tuesday that it will begin offering direct flights between the Philippines and New Zealand.

“The Filipino population in New Zealand has more than tripled since 2001 and is now the third largest Asian ethnic group, with around 40,000 Filipinos resident in New Zealand,” Air New Zealand Chief Executive Officer Christopher Luxon said.

“As the only non-stop service between New Zealand and the Philippines, our flight will be quicker and more convenient for travellers than the fastest current option which flies indirect, potentially saving up to two and a half hours each way,” Luxon added.

Trips to New Zealand is expected to be popular on both ends with flights three times a week via Boeing 767-300 aircrafts with flight time of around 10 and a half hours each way.

“The number of visitors from the Philippines is also continuing to grow rapidly, up more than 20 percent in the past year alone so we’re anticipating that demand for this service will be steady in both directions,” Luxon said.

Tickets are expected to go on sale by mid-2016 subject to government and regulatory approvals. —Joseph Tristan Roxas/JST, GMA News

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story....tELWRl4X.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Agree 100%. In general Chinese airlines are looking at a 50% expansion of capacity to Australia this year, (source QAN most recent half year report) so at least one of them is probably gagging to get their hands on a stake in VAH.

Understand more activity around this than media commentary would even suggest so have added back into my portfolio, haha at this price highest buy in for me ever although it matches the lowest price i have every sold...will take a punt on this.