sharetrader
Page 581 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 8148153157157757857958058158258358458559163168110811581 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

come back Hoop--Your take would be really beneficial (your message box is full)
    There talking about ''Sheep''--you know its bad when they start talking about sheep.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by thestg View Post
    10th September last year it hit a low of $2.35 - may be heading there again. But on a good note 6 weeks later on 21st Oct it was back to $2.90.
    Technically you're correct imho, today's close is pretty much on the Nov 11 2015 daily spike down (which recovered that day to close $2.65). Today however didn't recover.

The SP has fallen aggressively to and through the typically acknowledged 50EMA and 200MA supports, but yesterday also through the 'death average' 400MA. I call it that because on a longer term basis I look for 200MA/400MA cross overs, the double death cross, or double golden cross. Sort of a last ditch (got it wrong) get out signal, or get in as the case may be. However that crossover isn't going to happen any time soon.

So assuming the $2.56 support holds tomorrow, it's likely to be because more buyer support wading into what is perceived to be a low SP compared to stellar fundamentals, like the chatter here for the past few days (surely it can't go lower, I'm buying this down trend). Phaedrus would weep, or actually he would probably be scolding.

On the other hand, if that $2.55 Nov 11 support fails, $2.415 (modest support) and $2.35 (major support) lies beneath here.

EDIT: Should have mentioned that on a closing-price basis, the Nov 11 $2.65 support has been breached, yesterday. Today technically is a follow on down.

Indicators are suggesting a late stage of the current decline entering oversold territory, though they can't predict tomorrow's sentiment. Soon enough those sellers who have enjoyed and have been taking super profits from the multi month run-up from Sept 2015 will dry up, perhaps presenting superior buying opportunity.

That assumes no unexpected external or internal new factors rattles AIR's cage. Sure is a volatile share price, I'd be heaving into the sick bag if this was an actual flight.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 28-04-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Wow OG what a wild intro to the Air rollercoaster(Hope those knuckles are holding up) Took a little wild dip myself after loading up a few more at $2.65 this morning(Now have 113k shares at $2.75avg) Must be back in the 96 club again aye Roger, also in your high blood pressure and poor sleep zone with over 20% of portfolio total now. Anyways I'm in divvy hunting mode now for the rest of the year so if the price hangs around this level after my IFT shares go Ex divvy I will probably buy some more. I reckon there will be a lot of sheep looking back in a few months wondering why they gave up their fleeces so easily in such a fundamentally solid company but hey that's the nature of sheep, they don't think, just follow the crowd movement of the moment.
    You called? Speaking of sheep, perhaps some of them have pointy teeth and just wear a sheep suit to fool the punters into buying into their sellers dream down trend, avoiding capital losses themselves, scooping up the profits on the way down and buying the hapless at the turn around. Smart money has been exiting AIR, surely that's obvious, they're not buying it (apologies to recent buyers, no offence intended, I know you genuinely see an opportunity and you could well be right, tomorrow). I think it's a broadly false assumption that the sheeple are selling, usually it's the other way around. And vice versa.

Classic.

A nice head and shoulders (bearish) has completed. An eyeball measured target looks to be around 2.15, but there will be support at that old resistance at 2.25 imo.

dyor on h&s

Banned

Hey Baa, I do speak with some authority on Sheep, I shore the buggers for nearly seven years, I still reckon there's a lot of panic selling going on here but that's just my opinion and I've learnt the hard way that you don't panic sell fundamentally solid companies unless your a sheep.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hey Baa, I do speak with some authority on Sheep, I shore the buggers for nearly seven years, I still reckon there's a lot of panic selling going on here but that's just my opinion and I've learnt the hard way that you don't panic sell fundamentally solid companies unless your a sheep.
    You surely would not have shorn them going into winter ?
    Looks as though you are likely to be the one who gets fleeced.!! ..lol/.
    Last edited by percy; 28-04-2016 at 06:47 PM.

You have to ask 'what's changed from three weeks ago?'. Still a good company, still earning well, and in this macro-environment, where else do you put your money?
    Last edited by Poet; 27-02-2019 at 10:28 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I'm holding more than a couple of million of these, and have to ask 'what's changed from three weeks ago?'. Still a good company, still earning well, and in this macro-environment, where else do you put your money?
    The correlation with QAN has meant market sentiment has changed.Brokers are downgrading their projections.
    Spread around the following and you will do well;AWK,CNU,HBL,MEL,RBD,and SCL.
    Last edited by percy; 28-04-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    You surely would not have shorn them going into winter ?
    Looks as though you are likely to be the one who gets fleeced.!! ..lol/.
    Actually we did on occasions using a cover comb or stormbeater, can be an advantage getting a heavy fleece off a pregnant ewe. Anyway I think I've said enough on this thread for now, don't want to be a Hog.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool It is very nice up the front of the top deck of an Emirates A380

Somewhat rapid descent & lots of nervous chatter from the passengers.

I hear the oxygen masks have deployed and there will be an engine count later.

Fly them, don't buy them.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum