sharetrader
Page 582 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 8248253257257857958058158258358458558659263268210821582 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Somewhat rapid descent & lots of nervous chatter from the passengers.

I hear the oxygen masks have deployed and there will be an engine count later.

Fly them, don't buy them.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Well if someone didn't buy them,you wouldn't be flying them, meaning you would be strictly a jungle bound feline.

I for one will be buying today - topping up the initial purchase.

Is anybody brave enough to predict whether today will bring a further drop, or a start on the recovery? Or is everybody still trying to work out just where this roller-coaster will head next?

Banned

what a ride, alright. Not fussed tho, as the dividend is more than enough to cover my holding costs, so no rush to exit. BEsides, I got in at around 20% below previous peaks, and I'm confident it will make it back there. So, its time to just wait and see...

In fact, happy to buy another 50k if it goes low enough!

The rest of you should definitely keep panicking, though. Makes for fun reading!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Is anybody brave enough to predict whether today will bring a further drop, or a start on the recovery? Or is everybody still trying to work out just where this roller-coaster will head next?
    Is there anyone foolish enough to believe what a predictor said?

Banned

I think if you take a look at SKT of recent times you can see a fine example of fickle market sentiment in play and how that might apply to Air, Sky hit a low of $4.11 because people doubted their future prospects in the light of increased competition etc, yet their price hit $5.30 yesterday. Now what has Sky done to dispel that doubt in the meantime other than put on a fancy presentation, absolutely nothing, I rest my case.

I am already surprised it has gone as low as it has. Two weeks ago who would have guessed - what has really changed with AIR to warrant such a drop. Companies get punished for profit downgrades or negative news but nothing operationally from AIR to indicate this.

An average night on the US markets so I am thinking AIR is going lower today and I think I will get some more as well but want to see some signs of turn around and heading up again. The dividend yield is looking mighty attractive at these rates.

I had wanted to stay out of the market for a while thinking a correction of some significance is on the cards but still chasing some quick turnarounds, although buying into AIR for potential dividends goes against this it is a back up if there isn't a quick recovery in SP
    Last edited by workingdad; 29-04-2016 at 09:39 AM.

NZX shows:
    High Bid - $2.685
    Low Offer - $2.560

Forgive my ignorance, does this mean that there is somebody with a bid in at $2.685? IE, 13.5 cents higher than last night's close? If so, why? Doesn't make sense to me ...

NZX shows:
    High Bid - $2.685
    Low Offer - $2.560

Forgive my ignorance, does this mean that there is somebody with a bid in at $2.685? IE, 13.5 cents higher than last night's close? If so, why? Doesn't make sense to me ...
    It happens at the start and finish of the market - it includes buys and sells like stop loss ect. Wait til 10 am to see the buy/sell values.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11630274

Better than using the sick bag but the irony of them releasing this video when their SP is in the toilet isn't lost on me. Nothing material has changed in the last few weeks. American carriers are down overnight, PE's of the whole sector are low and apparently the market thinks many people are simply going to stop flying soon. BUT tourism is growing at 10% per annum so the facts simply don't support the technical's.

If anyone wants to know what I'm doing, I'm not selling that's for sure but I won't go over 10% portfolio allocation either. Keep your head screwed on in terms of the size of your exposure is what I'm doing and will ride it out and enjoy future dividends which all go into my Switzerland travel fund

Guru

NZX shows:
    High Bid - $2.685
    Low Offer - $2.560

Look at all the other shares on the market. Opening and at end of day closing. It is normal and the quotes are merely for positioning in the buy/sell queue.