sharetrader
Page 597 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 9749754758759359459559659759859960060160764769710971597 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    No, I pretty sure I'm not wrong about that. Yield, in airlines terms, is the average revenue per passenger per kilometre, before taking out any costs. Some random internet site tells me that it's a "Measure of average fare paid per mile, per passenger, calculated by dividing passenger revenue by revenue passenger miles (RPMs)"
    Yes, you're correct.

I'd hasten to add that it's much more difficult to compare yield between markets (long haul, short haul, or specific sectors flown) or between airlines that it would appear at first glance, due to differences in stage length. That's where alternative measures such as PRASM come into play which incorporates load factor and stage length into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    It could be China Air , but AIA will do well whatever Also if they take any domestic flights AIR.NZ onto a winner ........
    Also where will they all stay unless you can get them here in the offseason...believe that number when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    It not just a launch special, its dynamic pricing. Qantas and AIR are at it continually..it hasn't mattered so much as Qantas did not have a comparable route/product.

ps also make sure they don't cookie you otherwise they know you plans from prior searches.
    Regarding the cookie issue, what are your concerns? That AirNZ are adjusting the final ticket prices based on your previous searches on theirs or a competitor's website?

Good story this one. Hasnt happened to me for years

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/7...w-almost-empty

How metrics work -

Yield on this fight not affected by the low passenger number
    Capacity pretty ****ty
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Just as well this lamb isn't thirsty for some milk...went looking for any recent insights and if I was a lamb looking for a feed I'd be bleating like there was no tomorrow
    On the American airlines thing...this is by no means set in stone..I am looking for AIR to match and the other thing is I tried a variety of dates just flying to LAX in their summer, (renting a Mustang and driving to Las Vegas) and it was generally approx $400 dearer ($1600 to $1700 flying to LAX only) than flying to Las Vegas at $1,222, go figure ?
    The other thing these are launch specials by AA to kick off their service which starts in June. Its easy to read too much into initial launch specials in terms of ongoing competition and effect on yields.
    AA want to make a sustainable profit on this route just as much as AIR do.
    Roger ,Your a Hoot--Maybe Ill come too and we can do a ''fear and loathing in Vegas'' I believe that many things incl flights are subsidized by Vegas (anything to get them to the gambling tables!)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    When you read the daily share report from NBR and the reasons they give for certain share price drops I think to myself c'mon guys you can do better than that. I reckon they have only got about 3 reasons and they do a daily draw from the hat to decide which one of those they will use for the day, so if they did some reading on here for a change that's a good thing.
    Do they talk about sheep Couts?

Guru

Meanwhile is 100,000 shares big enough to be management?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Do they talk about sheep Couts?
    I wish they would, it would make their reasons more believable.

Investor

Looks like 250 level might be support for now..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I wish they would, it would make their reasons more believable.
    Those sheep did some running this morning!