sharetrader
Page 625 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 12552557561562162262362462562662762862963567572511251625 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Same sell down trend continuing today with the SP up in morning trade only to be sold down lunch time. Where will the support level be this afternoon.
    No big daily decline like last week and it did hit $2.34 this morning so let's see if breaches that. Today's news of the 52Mill settlement would have bought more weak holders out of the woodwork putting the brakes on any SP advancement anyway. Then when the price starts to climb you'll have traders profit taking so it's nap time for long term holders at the moment as there's not much to view due to heavy cloud cover.

Guru

The 2.35 by many standards is an important resistance so it will be interesting--If chartists are right and it breaks below,we will see if ''weak holders'' are ''smart non holders'' who knows? The only thing we can count on is that any absolute labels are total guess work.

but I get what you mean--It must be spooky
    Last edited by skid; 09-05-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Advanced Member

Do we now have sufficient volume to quantify a breach of the support level. Must be brave buying at these levels based on recent action of lower lows especially heading into close.

Banned

Skid, calling 'weak holders' that sell 'smart non holders ' is a paradox IMO. It's the weak holders that cause the share price to continue to drop by lining up to sell at lower and lower prices.(It would be interesting to see what percentage of these sellers are making any profit, I would hazard a guess that the majority are losing) so not really that smart when it comes to a blue chip, divvy paying stock like Air. PS-Ive been one of those smart non holders before that wasn't so smart after all, when selling other stocks.

Advanced Member

Emotive holders starting to circle the wagons it appears. The market can be irrational far longer than holders can stay solvent. Realistically things are only going to get worse from here headwind wise for AIR the shares would have appeared to outrun themselves. Hoop where's the next support level it's still getting sold into the 230 line now.

Thank you folks for your support to my communication to AIR directors both on here, by PM and by e.mail. We have some very high quality directors and I am hopeful they are keen to have and be seen to have the highest ethical standards of behaviour by management so will be happy to amend and strengthen their security trading policy guidelines and am hopeful for a positive result along similar lines to what was achieved for Summerset. When I hear back I will post the result on here.

I bought back my first log last week at 2.58 and now is 2.31. Should get ready for the 2nd purchase.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kelfy View Post
    I bought back my first log last week at 2.58 and now is 2.31. Should get ready for the 2nd purchase.
    Buy the 2nd lot at 2.31 and you could then buy the 3rd at 2.15

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Re that settlementv- good to hear 'we did no wrong'

The $50m not included in the $800m forecast. Will be treated as an abnormal non-recurring so doesn't really matter anyway

Already factored in so lets just move on
    Yes already factored in. One road block removed getting ready for the special divvy for full year. Uncle John wants a special for election year phat surplus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kelfy View Post
    If the price is anywhere near this level when my IFT goes ex divvy, I'll be buying a whole lot more. PS-Ive always thought that saying about the market staying irrational longer than you can stay solvent a bit silly for those prepared to hold a stock for the long term and don't need to use the money elsewhere.
    Last edited by couta1; 09-05-2016 at 03:27 PM.