sharetrader
Page 657 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 15755760764765365465565665765865966066166770775711571657 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    You should have been jumping with joy at the filthy weather.
    Lovely lot of snow now on the Southern Alps.
    AIR planes will be filling up with skiers.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    First night flight into Queenstown tonight Percy. Nice timing. Agreed 100% Raz.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-05-2016 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Brokers have a lot to answer for, it was only a few weeks ago competition was in every second headline and VAH divestment intention was announced and none of them reacted..now they reacted with this uncertainly....
    QAN have got heaps of extra competition coming too and are earning at the same rate as AIR. Consensus broker valuation of QAN $4.49 but according to the analyst at Forbar AIR are worth $2.30.
    I'm feeling a little afraid to revalue my portfolio at present...got a Tui you could lend me for lunch Wonder if Forbar even realise that AIR have bought back their shares before at under NTA ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-05-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    Taking a position in AIR last few days... Be greedy when others are fearful?
    . Can be a good strategy but also a test of character. Greed more easily felt when watching the price of shares other people own and fear more easily felt when watching the price of shares you own.

Banned

Mista Trix the posters new investors have to worry about the most are the ones that never share any mistakes and those with ulterior motives not the consistently honest. PS-Its more a matter of once having bought at what you thought was a fair price at the time and then seeing the price hammered, you then have two choices,sell for a large loss (If your holding a large number) or be patient and wait for the price to come back as I have learnt it does in the majority of cases. Of course it isn't easy and too much for some, ive learnt not to look at my portfolio total during these times(It serves no positive purpose)
    Last edited by couta1; 23-05-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    . Can be a good strategy but also a test of character. Greed more easily felt when watching the price of shares other people own and fear more easily felt when watching the price of shares you own.
    I totally get that, I've got a reasonable size position which I have been comfortable with but days like today test that theory in a big way. You never thought $2 was possible so now you decide to take the hit and the charts start to make $1.50 look possible. Sometimes it is the capitulation day which gets many feel like this and I'm wondering if today is capitulation day. You would have to think a lot of the selling is leveraged buyers who are getting margin calls.

looks like fast descend from that nasty double top formation. more turbulance ahead folks
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    First night flight into Queenstown tonight Percy. Nice timing. Agreed 100% Raz.
    Demand into Queenstown must be sky high as a consequence of demand as my cousin from Melbourne who always come over to ski several times over the season into Queenstown wants to visit me in Canterbury over winter instead and use us as a base.... says the flights are just too pricey.

Big drop today. Is there something I'm missing here or is this just because of the Forsyth downgrade?

Surely anyone selling today because of the Forsyth downgrade is chasing last week's news. If they have re-rated to $2.30 and we're already at close to $2 this has well overshot their target.

Interesting times!

AIR still looks correlated to the oil price.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Big drop today. Is there something I'm missing here or is this just because of the Forsyth downgrade?

Surely anyone selling today because of the Forsyth downgrade is chasing last week's news. If they have re-rated to $2.30 and we're already at close to $2 this has well overshot their target.

Interesting times!
    Who mentioned NTA level the other day? Yes it is just looking sick...broker commission churn?