sharetrader
Page 681 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 18158163167167767867968068168268368468569173178111811681 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,810 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    I wonder if it will hamper a 3rd positive day for AIR now the rumour is in the public arena.

early trades at 2.15
    Nah - saying the halo is no longer shining this could be seen as good news and give the price a boost
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

I tend to agree to some extent but it seems to me that this sort of price enquiry is limited to sudden one day movements in the SP and ninety nine times out of a hundred is met with the usual response with which we are all familiar.
    Sorry to harp on about this but the fact that a company is required to go public with its reply - even if it's a "we know nuthin" - must give the individuals involved cause to think hard before committing their signatures to the statement. Particularly if there are penalties attached to incorrect or misleading statements. Time the NZX toughened up a bit, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I heard someone from Craig's this morning say, on the news, that there was a big seller of AIR, has now finished selling now and thinks the price will stabilise/rise now as it is oversold or something like that
    I had also heard the particular big seller in question had been tipped off the CEO was considering options...and that may be in part the reason they are selling.

Anyway as someone who has been an executive, not CEO of the entire deal, just a CEO of an overseas subsidiary which was large, really the role is PR & Politics....you have managers and teams reporting to you for everything else. You are only as good as the team that supports you when you get down to it. Your skill set became more your ability to influence.
    Last edited by Raz; 30-05-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Sorry to harp on about this but the fact that a company is required to go public with its reply - even if it's a "we know nuthin" - must give the individuals involved cause to think hard before committing their signatures to the statement. Particularly if there are penalties attached to incorrect or misleading statements. Time the NZX toughened up a bit, IMO.
    Agree 100% but don't forget T.C. signed off on those management share sales immediately prior to the price sensitive so called investor day briefing. Disappointing.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-05-2016 at 11:17 AM.

If sp keeps rising there will be a "do you know any reason for price rise" question before we even knew if there was a reason for the drop

-aholic

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    If sp keeps rising there will be a "do you know any reason for price rise" question before we even knew if there was a reason for the drop
    haha i think alot of holders are doubling up to lower average.. but the phrase "trend is your friend" comes to mind.. this irrationality is part of the markets so oh well always interesting to watch

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I think it is reasonable that there could be two replies to the "please explain" question. There is the public answer of "we know nuthin'", which inevitably comes. But many times there is the possible private answer that can't be made public: we're in takeover negotiations that we can't talk about, we're nearing a sale of VAH but can't talk about it, our CEO is moving to Fonterra, etc, etc.

There are many exceptions where the company might know something but can't divulge anything. I think there might be some benefit in these situations being privately released to NZX (and have the information be publicly released a few weeks later).

If the company does have information that they haven't released then it might be an indictation that the info is leaking out and providing more info to NZX allows these leaky channels to be followed up after the fact. (or provides yet another leaky avenue.....)

Missed by that much

Surely the CEO selling AIR shares when he is in negotiation for moving to a new company is itself insider trading?

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Surely the CEO selling AIR shares when he is in negotiation for moving to a new company is itself insider trading?
    https://fma.govt.nz/contact/make-a-c...plaint-online/ If people feel as strongly as I do about this then please be aware that in my experience the FMA react to public pressure.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-05-2016 at 12:02 PM.

On the day that rumours resurface of Mr Luxon's possible move to Fonterra the SP rises strongly...go figure ?