sharetrader
Page 721 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 22162167171171771871972072172272372472573177182112211721 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    What does this mean exactly?

"Removing the impact of foreign exchange, Group-wide yields were down 5.5%."
    $Kiwi has averaged a lower rate than the previous year and this has boosted revenue in $Kiwi terms. If it weren't for that yields would be down 5.5%. This statement needs to be viewed in the context of where fuel prices are and what's happening to yields on an international basis which is the basis behind my comment that these stat's are sound.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-06-2016 at 02:53 PM.

I think one should forget the stats for a minute & look at the facts [from a travelers perspective],most oldies like us travel quite a bit,but since the introduction of bag only flights,we went from AIRNZ passengers to who ever was cheaper.Now we have china,qantas,american & several other airlines coming in & offering full service for what air NZ are offering for a bag.Thats all very well when things are really bouyant,but I do think the s will hit the fan very shortly & with the fuel prices going up & our $$ going up again,I think they are going to find things pretty tough [& I am a shareholder].So things may not be as rosy as we would like to think.

Naysayers have been saying that demand is about to fall off the edge of a cliff for quite a few months now...and yet the monthly operating stat's just keep on keeping on saying otherwise...
    GDP growth stronger than anyone expected too, and tourism just keeps going gangbusters. Maybe all the gloom and doom is a little bit overdone...
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-06-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Past midday and only 121 thousand shares traded.
    Perhaps read into that and the trading range this week starting to show some stability. Considering the markets in general.

Dilettante

Kiwi Regional closing down at the end of July. Ewan didn't last long this time either

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Kiwi Regional closing down at the end of July. Ewan didn't last long this time either
    Good try though
    Seems like a tidy exit.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Can't help wondering how many poor people's lives he has wrecked this time. Might be a reasonable transition of sorts but you can bet you last dollar some people took a serious haircut here and bet your second to last dollar it wasn't Mr Wilson. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11658391
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-06-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Naysayers have been saying that demand is about to fall off the edge of a cliff for quite a few months now...and yet the monthly operating stat's just keep on keeping on saying otherwise...
    GDP growth stronger than anyone expected too, and tourism just keeps going gangbusters. Maybe all the gloom and doom is a little bit overdone...
    In his defence, I think perhaps the optimism is also "a little bit overdone".

Haven't checked this forum much lately but I'm reading much of the same false hope statements that were being said when it was all rosy past $3 and now with a third of its value wiped, literally the same statements are being flung around. Naive traders like myself at the beginning are often caught with such hype and I lost a bit here and there on AIR but I learnt from my mistakes, increased my holding at certain lows and sold at $3.03 just before the decline. Ended up doing quite well but AIR definitely taught me the meaning of "DYOR".

I'd just like to tell newcomers who might read this not to get caught with hype and perhaps look further into the track record of certain posters before basing decisions on their contributions.

Furthermore, in Rogers defence... I've seen he's caught a bit of flack over the month as if he was the one that guided the share price and therefore had some explaining to do for its decline. So long as you understand and abide by "DYOR", you should acknowledge Roger for his wealth of knowledge and passion he provides which may assist you in your investment decisions or queries but should not solely guide you and then be where you come to lay fault.

Disc. No longer hold but following closely.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Past midday and only 121 thousand shares traded.
    Perhaps read into that and the trading range this week starting to show some stability. Considering the markets in general.
    Or not..... had some buys in at 2.07 that just got triggered - hadn't expected that but lets see what next week brings.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Or not..... had some buys in at 2.07 that just got triggered - hadn't expected that but lets see what next week brings.
    Big shutdown on a lot of stocks at close, people derisking for the weekend.