sharetrader
Page 723 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 22362367371371972072172272372472572672773377382312231723 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,230 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Great post Regi; iused to worry about you as a "newbie" but see i don't have to anymore ; congrats on your learning from mistakes; i still am
    Well said, sure a lot have been sucked into the hype and paid for it this time.
    Last edited by Raz; 18-06-2016 at 06:18 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Well said, sure a lot have been sucked into the hype and paid for it this time.
    The real hype happened a few years ago with Xro/Peb/SNK/and Wyn (Lots of money lost on those stocks, speaking from experience of course) I don't see much hype on this thread just a few honest opinions on people's holdings coupled with a bit a frustration of the way things have played out, nothing wrong with that or with expressing hope by being positive.
    Last edited by couta1; 18-06-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Or not..... had some buys in at 2.07 that just got triggered - hadn't expected that but lets see what next week brings.
    Ditto, had buy order in at 2.10 and was happy to see sellers build up to push price down. But in saying that, I also bought some at 2.125 earlier in the day. Happy to buy up more at these lower levels. Hoping it will not drop back to 4 year lows where I bought in last time. Just a bit of divy chasing here.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    You are right, SPK took a whump right at close there as well.

Whats so special about this weekend ??? All Blacks should win,what else is there to worry about ?
    Market watch (USA) ''No one wants to go into the weekend long''(because of Brexit)

Brexit is calling the shots atm----Good ole globalization--whether the UK leaves the European union determines how you airline shares in NZ do

S&P 500 posts biggest weekly drop since April (so depending how you look at it -thats good or bad news)--We appear to be in good company with the drop-but that dont help the share price.

So alot depends on what the folks in the UK decide---at least they get to decide---I cant help but think we would be ''dismissed'' as irrelevant by John Key in a similar situation here.
    Last edited by skid; 18-06-2016 at 09:39 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The real hype happened a few years ago with Xro/Peb/SNK/and Wyn (Lots of money lost on those stocks, speaking from experience of course) I don't see much hype on this thread just a few honest opinions on people's holdings coupled with a bit a frustration of the way things have played out, nothing wrong with that or with expressing hope by being positive.
    I think his point is directed more to ''newbies'' who might act on what is said

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I think his point is directed more to ''newbies'' who might act on what is said
    I don't think anyone has been unreasonably trying to hype AIR over the past few months. The fundamentals did look solid even when considering known headwinds, and the arguments for and against seemed pretty balanced to me. I think that is couta1's point.

IMO

Agree, past few months have been healthy; but not past few years.Lets keep it where it is; on a good path for all..

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Ditto, had buy order in at 2.10 and was happy to see sellers build up to push price down. But in saying that, I also bought some at 2.125 earlier in the day. Happy to buy up more at these lower levels. Hoping it will not drop back to 4 year lows where I bought in last time. Just a bit of divy chasing here.
    I am not convinced AIR is a good investment strategy with the added risk of extrinsic factors at the moment but I'm not expecting it will break the 2 dollar mark (famous last words - but I am not alone, plenty of buyers soaking up the low price). Watching it lately the behaviour of sellers appears to be more staunch in holding, a few jump in when it drops a couple of cents but not to the degree of earlier on. Take out the big chunk at closing and it looks to be steady in that 2.10 plus range and the last 3 weeks the chart shows it tracking sideways less dramatic swings than last month, 8 green days, 9 red. If we get a couple green days Monday and Tuesday I will feel a bit more comfortable but not holding my breath with what's going on re brexit although better trading Mondays than Fridays with those not wanting to get caught out going into the weekend.

It didn't drop below the 2.02 mark with the uncertainty of VAH and now that is looking better than anticipated one would think perhaps at this level the yield/divvys over the next few years will be worth it and factoring in the possible special for the VAH sale which I think will happen but that's just my opinion.

I am still learning but I think even though it is cyclical in nature the outlook isn't as bad as some think. Looking at operating stats, oil prices low in comparison to historical standards, tourism and competition I think they can carve out decent profits but I wont be holding at the expense of a falling SP.

But as the chartists know, its the behaviour of the market that rules over fundamentals. Juggling the two is proving to be a challenge and reading up on the more experienced on the forum some have dabbled with good effect and others have not.

I will hold some if its steady as she goes and also been playing with a couple of packets that have tight stops in place clawing back some of the losses of trying to catch the knife early on, this was also triggered yesterday at 2.13, end of the yesterday same number of shares, little bit more in the trading account. In saying that though, it is a gamble and the SP doesn't always go in the direction anticipated so there's been some stiff drinks required on occasion.

That's my summary, balanced, hopeful, considered and ballsy Really like some of the commentary of posters and the feedback of many.

I must admit as a newbie I have bought into AIR in a small way at 2.66 then 2.23 and although I read the forums, and in particular the TA discussions, it's only by experiencing the fall and reading the response from others that I have really started to learn. I am watching this share with great interest and have appreciated all posts.

Top five wish list destinations for British holidaymakers

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/new...ectid=11658964

Brits top wish list destination for holidays....... good old NZ with 29% Iceland 20% Japan 19% Norway 16% Croatia 15%

Interesting that 38% of them rank going somewhere safe as a consideration.

Not exactly a reason to cause a dramatic increase in SP but its their core business and tourism is booming.