sharetrader
Page 729 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 22962967971972572672772872973073173273373977982912291729 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,290 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Compared to the NZX (most shares)its held up very well--probably take a while for this to situation to settle down though--

..Good time to have Gold
    Actually a good time to buy UK assets, thats what the smart money is doing. A little time yet to buy into AIR b4 dividends declared.
    Last edited by Raz; 25-06-2016 at 03:13 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Actually a good time to buy UK assets, thats what the smart money is doing. A little time yet to buy into AIR b4 dividends declared.
    I disagree--I believe the smart money is waiting (it is encouraging that they have pulled back a bit from the lows though)---Europe has suffered most......I dont think this is the time to be Bullish
    Last edited by skid; 25-06-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    AirNZ also do not actively market an alternative route via YVR. Various options with AC exist, and about a year ago, Air NZ itself applied for various rights to allow them to on-fly from YVR to Europe. Nothing further has heard of the latter.
    The Canadian Government protects its own airlines with an eager intensity. Cullen Airlines application for on flight rights have probably been already shredded or are quietly fossilising in some clerks in-tray in an Ottawa basement.

Canadians near the border often begin flights from US airports to take advantage of more competitive fares.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I disagree--I believe the smart money is waiting (it is encouraging that they have pulled back a bit from the lows though)---Europe has suffered most......I dont think this is the time to be Bullish
    You disagree based on what, my comment is based on an actual observation of three of the largest funds who have purchased pounds on the cross against the traders initial clearing of positions. They are posed to buy hard assets at a discount

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    The Canadian Government protects its own airlines with an eager intensity. Cullen Airlines application for on flight rights have probably been already shredded or are quietly fossilising in some clerks in-tray in an Ottawa basement.

Canadians near the border often begin flights from US airports to take advantage of more competitive fares.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    AC is a *A member along with NZ, with this being a similar situation to UA re-entering the NZ market alongside NZ with a codeshare agreement; both parties can benefit. YVR (as you point out) is not as well served on an international basis as SEA, so it is a potential win for all parties.

I made my first investment in Air NZ today. Even if the stock does go down a little bit more over the next couple of days, I'm still happy with my entry point.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwood View Post
    I made my first investment in Air NZ today. Even if the stock does go down a little bit more over the next couple of days, I'm still happy with my entry point.
    I would be doing the same if I wasn't already in the red with AIR. There's been good resistance at the 2.02 mark and if that holds while the Brexit situation plays out then I might have some regrets but for the moment I feel a bit more comfortable given the international markets but continually reassessing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    You disagree based on what, my comment is based on an actual observation of three of the largest funds who have purchased pounds on the cross against the traders initial clearing of positions. They are posed to buy hard assets at a discount
    Are you talking about the pound or British assets--If they are posed to buy ,then they are waiting--Its just my opinion,but I cant imagine why any one would jump in at this stage with out a confirmation that the tide has turned--Cheap can become expensive at the drop of a hat.
    That is true with AIR as well as we have all seen--Wait till those afternoon traders kick in today from other countries.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Everwood View Post
    Guess we are on opposite sides of the equation--I actually felt lucky I got out when i did--time will tell. This didnt seem like the time to play the odds.--I look around and think ''now what out there is going to make the SP go up,and what might make it drop--there seemed to be more reasons in the latter box(by my reasoning) I think it will be the bigger markets that decide though--No one will take the lead from NZ...maybe China or the first European markets.