sharetrader
Page 735 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 23563568572573173273373473573673773873974578583512351735 ... LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,350 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    What portion of their profit is made from international and domestic?

First trip on Dreamliner last week - Business & Premium Economy were full both ways, but wouldn't have liked to be sandwiched down the back.

Interestingly, flights in and out of Qtown were quite sparsely occupied - but one was the same time as an AB's test, and ski season yet to kick in (although was start of the winter festival)
    Qtown kicks in usually at July school holidays and the snow..still waiting to get the snow right therefore extended shoulder season.

I was at the test, does not have much of an effect NZ wide as only 27k capacity for the game in Dunedin.
    Last edited by Raz; 01-07-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Guru

The last 10x been in/out flights out of Qtown have been basically completely full - even through May and early June.

I think people were watching the AB's test - a flight on a Saturday night isn't that attractive to a lot of Kiwis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    The last 10x been in/out flights out of Qtown have been basically completely full - even through May and early June.

I think people were watching the AB's test - a flight on a Saturday night isn't that attractive to a lot of Kiwis.
    Right i get you - Sat. night, well the weekend crowd certainly would not be going down that night regardless. Occupancy in Queenstown is not that high currently as I'm involved with a couple of hotels down there..why my comment..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...510c7b2c7aa899
    Tourism Australia and Air New Zealand have struck a marketing agreement to encourage trav*ellers to make the journey across the ditch and beyond to the US.

A memorandum of understanding extends an existing deal, signed in 2013, that has helped Air New Zealand increase bookings to Australia during the past three years.
    Air New Zealand chief executive Christopher Luxon said the agreement would help spur ticket sales from North America to Australia.
    “Our work with Tourism Australia has contributed to a 13.9 per cent year-on-year increase in passengers travelling from North America to Australia,” Mr Luxon said.
    “The United States and Canada are important growth markets for us as we continue to expand our Pacific Rim network. The addition of our Houston service late last year is attracting connecting passengers from the big east coast markets, many of whom are experiencing Air New Zealand’s product and service for the first time.”
    Under the new agreement — which is worth more than $1 million — Tourism Australia and Air New Zealand will invest in joint marketing and sponsorship programs to target travellers to the US, Australia’s fourth *largest inbound tourism market.
    “International traffic from North America is growing at *levels we haven’t enjoyed since the Sydney Olympics and this is due, in no small part, to the success of a range of targeted marketing *activities we’ve carried out in this market with Air New Zealand,” Tourism Australia managing director John O’Sullivan said.

Mr O’Sullivan said marketing activities planned for this year and next would continue to make use of Tourism Australia’s “There’s Nothing like Australia” campaign.
    That campaign recently was updated to highlight Australia’s aquatic and coastal travel experiences.
    Air New Zealand has increased capacity between the US and Australia in the past 18 months, including five new weekly services departing Houston, which started in December last year.
    The introduction of a new Buenos Aires-Auckland service in the same month also has *improved access to Australia from Argentina, Brazil and other Latin American markets
    Last edited by Master98; 01-07-2016 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...510c7b2c7aa899
    Tourism Australia and Air New Zealand have struck a marketing agreement to encourage trav*ellers to make the journey across the ditch and beyond to the US.

A memorandum of understanding extends an existing deal, signed in 2013, that has helped Air New Zealand increase bookings to Australia during the past three years.
    Air New Zealand chief executive Christopher Luxon said the agreement would help spur ticket sales from North America to Australia.
    “Our work with Tourism Australia has contributed to a 13.9 per cent year-on-year increase in passengers travelling from North America to Australia,” Mr Luxon said.
    “The United States and Canada are important growth markets for us as we continue to expand our Pacific Rim network. The addition of our Houston service late last year is attracting connecting passengers from the big east coast markets, many of whom are experiencing Air New Zealand’s product and service for the first time.”
    Under the new agreement — which is worth more than $1 million — Tourism Australia and Air New Zealand will invest in joint marketing and sponsorship programs to target travellers to the US, Australia’s fourth *largest inbound tourism market.
    “International traffic from North America is growing at *levels we haven’t enjoyed since the Sydney Olympics and this is due, in no small part, to the success of a range of targeted marketing *activities we’ve carried out in this market with Air New Zealand,” Tourism Australia managing director John O’Sullivan said.

Mr O’Sullivan said marketing activities planned for this year and next would continue to make use of Tourism Australia’s “There’s Nothing like Australia” campaign.
    That campaign recently was updated to highlight Australia’s aquatic and coastal travel experiences.
    Air New Zealand has increased capacity between the US and Australia in the past 18 months, including five new weekly services departing Houston, which started in December last year.
    The introduction of a new Buenos Aires-Auckland service in the same month also has *improved access to Australia from Argentina, Brazil and other Latin American markets
    Seems a very smart way to deal also with the increased capacity on the LAX-AUCKLAND route discussed above.

Default United Airlines is back in a Joint Venture with AIR

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...lery_id=162482 United arrives back in revenue sharing J.V. with AIR.

Hard to believe another financial year is done and dusted.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-07-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi see weed

I'm reluctant to embrace your enthusiasm to be honest in terms of a meaningful recovery...let's be honest the speed and severity of the fall has left many investors, (myself included) with a busy agenda of licking some fairly deep wounds.

That said from a dividend yield perspective I think AIR can kick out some pretty serious dividends for the foreseeable future and mainly for that reason I continue to hold. I also think the fall is a bit overdone and the company has modest gearing and a modern fleet so is well placed to continue to compete.
    Agree, and that is why been buying in for last 4 weeks. Started at 2.23 then 2.19, 2.21, 2.125, 2.07, 2.08 and 2.025 And am only $1700 in the red.If it drops down to 1.80 to 2.05 then buy more. But do have a plan B which I activated in a similar situation with a2 milk 4 weeks ago.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...lery_id=162482 United arrives back in revenue sharing J.V. with AIR.

Hard to believe another financial year is done and dusted.
    The scary welcome party got a bit close for comfort, poking the club at the United man, lol. I would be running back down the arrivals corridor if it was me.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    The scary welcome party got a bit close for comfort, poking the club at the United man, lol. I would be running back down the arrivals corridor if it was me.
    LOL I often wonder what our overseas guests make of this sort of thing. I suspect many would prefer a good hearty handshake and an invite to a good Kiwi BBQ. I am happy to hold what I have, learned from this experience never to have too many eggs in any one basket. Like you mate I thought topping up in the mid 220's was a good idea. Hindsight always 20/20...
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-07-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    ......nothing scary about it at all if you understand and appreciate the cultural welcome. Great to see and hear the UNITED man's response.....clearly an intelligent individual with respect for our Tangata Whenua and all that embodies. Kia ora koutou katoa.
    Have a Gr8day.