sharetrader
Page 763 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 26366371375375976076176276376476576676777381386312631763 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 20182

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Membaa

Today suggests a bounce off short term trend line support, upside target $2.28 being previous resistance. There's so much overhead price resistance above that it doesn't worth mentioning, so rejoice in any capital gains AIR might present in the short term. Beware the price discount impending due to dividends many expect to be paid out.

I wonder if our friend Couta1 has been reading up and researching the available studies on the merits of dividend stripping. I think he's going for a maxi strip...sure the SP will drop temporarily by the same as the dividend but all the studies I have seen show more often than not the price recovers within a few weeks and sometimes a lot sooner. Could turn out to be a share play that's as cunning as a hungry beagle dog.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-07-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I wonder if our friend Couta1 has been reading up and researching the available studies on the merits of dividend stripping. I think he's going for a maxi strip...sure the SP will drop temporarily by the same as the dividend but all the studies I have seen show more often than not the price recovers within a few weeks and sometimes a lot sooner. Could turn out to be a share play that's as cunning as a hungry beagle dog.
    Well I get thats what you wish for...really ignores all your concerns just the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Yeah I have to admit I was less than impressed with how AIR handled a delayed baggage situation when I went to Vancouver 6 months ago.
    Mate I'm still waiting for them to refund me for a skycouch. This refund was approved well over a month ago with the transfer to be done with 10-15 working days from that date....still nothing!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Well I get thats what you wish for...really ignores all your concerns just the other day.
    Concerns remain but validity of dividend stripping as means of augmenting other investment strategies is also valid. Not in conflict...just have to ensure one has the right sized shareholding at the appropriate time.

Couta1 obviously taken the view that where we are now is some sort of baseline and I hope for all of our sakes he's bang on the money.

Membaa

Long moving averages are not encouraging, as the 200MA has crossed down through the 400MA, the 'double death cross'. Last time this happened was Aug 2011 heralding a one year down/sideways move before the Aug'12 spike up and the 200/400MA cross back up in Dec'12.

The 400MA can also be informative when the SP crosses through it either way, like it did crossing up around $1.00 and recently down at $2.70 whereas it has supported the SP twice in the past 3-4 years. Unlike the 200MA which has been breached down 5 times.

This is only relevant if you care about capital management.

Super Investor

At 54% I'm sure Couta views AIR as an exceptional opportunity.

In 1986 an investment of $100000 in Microsoft would be worth $40m today.
    Now that's a truck load.
    h2

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Long moving averages are not encouraging, as the 200MA has crossed down through the 400MA, the 'double death cross'. Last time this happened was Aug 2011 heralding a one year down/sideways move before the Aug'12 spike up and the 200/400MA cross back up in Dec'12.

The 400MA can also be informative when the SP crosses through it either way, like it did crossing up around $1.00 and recently down at $2.70 whereas it has supported the SP twice in the past 3-4 years. Unlike the 200MA which has been breached down 5 times.

This is only relevant if you care about capital management.
    Still above the 1000MA - that's good

Spooky thing it bounced off the 1000MA when it reached the 203/204 mark a few weeks ago

How long is a 1000 (trading) days
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Not sure air can in anyway be compared to microsoft. Let's see how big the special divi is and the market reaction before the back slapping commences. Still think most here are underestimating the financial impact of new carriers into airs previous monopoly/ most profitable routes.

Today is going to be another watershed day when the price bursts well into the 220's
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”