sharetrader
Page 767 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 26766771775776376476576676776876977077177781786712671767 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,670 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Wink A little something new to worry workingdad

Qantas Adds New Service Across Tasman

To Melbourne* and Beyond!

*Also an extended service to Brisbane, batteries not included.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Qantas Adds New Service Across Tasman

To Melbourne* and Beyond!

*Also an extended service to Brisbane, batteries not included.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    hmmm depends what hat i put on, great for the SI, not so great as a as a shareholder of air auckland....air New Zealand I meant to say.

Thinking of a holiday escape to LA for three weeks in September. Have just browsed ticket fares on both Qantas and AirNZ websites, return flights from CHC to LAX, depart on Sep 2 and return on Sep 23, quoted on AirNZ NZD964 vs. Qantas NZD1749 (both include taxes).Geee that is a huge discount given by Air NZ, remembered one way to LA used to be $900.
    Last edited by mayday; 27-07-2016 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mayday View Post
    Thinking of a holiday escape to LA for three weeks in September. Have just browsed ticket fares on both Qantas and AirNZ websites, return flights from CHC to LAX, depart on Sep 2 and return on Sep 23, quoted on AirNZ NZD964 vs. Qantas NZD1749 (both include taxes).Geee that is a huge discount given by Air NZ, remembered one way to LA used to be $900.
    Your also talking about September which should be high demand given school holidays and many private schools having three week holidays at that time. We are going over...although exams start to get in the way of older child families...Qantas and AA will have discounts again soon although AIR is good from chch with no domestic fight delay risk..

I fly chch to lax monthly for business, AA and Qantas have been averaging 1000$ return which has brought AIR own fares down to match from April. Now below $1000, my overall budget spend for the year will be half last years...

Asia is heading the same way... and for product from Christchurch to Europe you would not choose AIR.

The good thing is even moderate trading on AIR in the past 12 months will have provided stella returns...has for me...AIR and competition has been a win win!
    Last edited by Raz; 28-07-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I've had a chat with Emmett and he has told me how to utilise a flux capacitor in the model (as suggested by a poster this morning)

Will do that overnight and report back tomorrow
    Fitted the flux capacitor (thanks Emmett) to the model and added a bit of econometric modelling .......

......and today is going to be just an up day but we need to wait until early next week for that watershed day when price shoots through 220 .....to 225 plus
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Interesting thanks, credit to Hoop who has obviously thought of this before now (not surprising). It pretty much shows that either there is no correlation of AIR to Brent Crude, or that AIR very cleverly manage their oil price hedges which by ergo have no correlation to share price. I think the latter, but the former is the result. I will still do my own analysis, to be sure.
    Baabaa - Come to any conclusions?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Fitted the flux capacitor (thanks Emmett) to the model and added a bit of econometric modelling .......

......and today is going to be just an up day but we need to wait until early next week for that watershed day when price shoots through 220 .....to 225 plus
    Did you data mine it right??

AIR management said in their investor day briefing a while back they expect yields to normalise in FY18. Airlines can't keep selling return fares to Honk Kong and LA for $999, its not sustainable over the long run.
    Don't get too worried about short term specials affecting average yield...these things have a way of averaging themselves out over time...besides that fuel is dirt cheap at present.

That said I do think people need to look through the forthcoming final / special divvy and understand there's a new competitive landscape. Having too many eggs in one basket doesn't make sense to me but each to their own.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-07-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Advanced Member

AIR sp creeping up again. See what happens at end of day with the down pushers. Or have they finished? Wouldn't mind getting a few more, can't think of anything else better to buy at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    AIR sp creeping up again. See what happens at end of day with the down pushers. Or have they finished? Wouldn't mind getting a few more, can't think of anything else better to buy at the moment.
    If you carefully "weigh" up your options you'll find other "juicy" value alternatives out there. Just look at the "scale" of other options out there mate