sharetrader
Page 777 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 27767772776777377477577677777877978078178782787712771777 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,770 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    If his posts upset you put him
    on ignore . But maybe one day he will like the AIR numbers and you will miss the post ....
    It would take a lot more than that to upset me I guess I just find it interesting that someone who says that "they do not believe that one should invest in any airline" is participating in a thread that is for an airline stock. A bit like me turning up at the local pub and telling the punters that I don't believe they should be drinking booze. Anyway, enough of that - back to the more serious business of investing (or trading). Happy Friday

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    So if you hold onto this belief so strongly, why do you come into this thread? Why not leave this thread for those who currently invest / trade or have AIR in their watchlist.

Discl: holding AIR
    I value PT's input. I may not always agree, but he provides a sensible balance to the sometimes over optimistic hype on many shares.

Discl: Just submitted an order for more AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    It would take a lot more than that to upset me I guess I just find it interesting that someone who says that "they do not believe that one should invest in any airline" is participating in a thread that is for an airline stock. A bit like me turning up at the local pub and telling the punters that I don't believe they should be drinking booze. Anyway, enough of that - back to the more serious business of investing (or trading). Happy Friday
    Hmm - interesting statement. I always thought this forum is for exchanging ideas about stocks, investment ideas and the share market in general. I learned here (well, maybe not on the AIR thread) a lot about investing and am very grateful to people like PT, Hoop, KW and many others that they share their views with us. I don't always agree with them, but I always find their posts useful.

I think what PT probably wanted to indicate is that investments in airlines are inherently more risky than many other industries, and therefore should command a higher level of (expected) return. This is a very relevant view for this thread, so why shouldn't he state that here, whether he intends to invest in AIR or not?

Sure - some people only learn from their own mistakes (and some not even that), but for everybody else is it invaluable to have access to a wide spectrum of views ... and if it is just to test from time to time the own investment decision. Some people might be perfect (well, I am not), but for everybody else this is of benefit.

If you don't agree with PT - why don't you just prepare an argument indicating why people should invest into airlines (and I certainly could think about a reason or two for that as long as the promised return looks good enough to accept the higher risk) instead of questioning his reasons to post on this thread?

I would love to keep diversity of opinions on all threads ... and certainly the pearls of wisdom from some of our most experienced contributors.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

IMO

Yes ;Investor bias is a design flaw in humans(like kneecaps.Opposing views, wisdom,experience and unbiased opinions can blossom into equanimity.

I to enjoy a variety of posts positive or Negative and we are lucky on this thread to have some very knowledgeable people. But I wonder if someone held a gun to PT's head and said you have to invest $50K of your hard earned money in one of the following stocks (QAN, VAH or AIR) would AIR really be the third choice??

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Well if you insist

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two Gloves View Post
    I to enjoy a variety of posts positive or Negative and we are lucky on this thread to have some very knowledgeable people. But I wonder if someone held a gun to PT's head and said you have to invest $50K of your hard earned money in one of the following stocks (QAN, VAH or AIR) would AIR really be the third choice??

Buy MY airline

VAH is the obvious first choice, QAN definitely the second.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    VAH is the obvious first choice, QAN definitely the second.

Paper Tiger
    Yeh, OK Mickey you were right, lets just shoot her/him

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Really,why? because PT comments are a counterintuitive proposition?

LOL...anyone that can't see that VAH is a flea ridden mongrel should've gone to spec savers. For posters further amusement https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2803&FORM=VIRE

Air made money throughout the GFC, VAH can't even make money during FY16 with the strongest tailwinds in the aviation sector in arguably 50 years !
    Remind me again, how many billions did QAN lose a couple of years ago ?

There's valuable insights and counter arguments and then there's trolling for a reaction, the two types of posts are different animals.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-08-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Now that would be a DCB to watch!