sharetrader
Page 778 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 27867872876877477577677777877978078178278882887812781778 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,780 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Why would you fly Emirates??? They are really putting a squeeze on media releases.

Pilot chatter is, the emiratie pilot after a hard landing initiated a go around, retracted the undercarriage before the power came on. The aircraft sank, struck an engine and the rest is history.

The link is the actual ATC communications
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94VPOXc2bEM

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Not the sharpest troll on the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    LOL...anyone that can't see that VAH is a flea ridden mongrel should've gone to spec savers. For posters further amusement https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2803&FORM=VIRE

Air made money throughout the GFC, VAH can't even make money during FY16 with the strongest tailwinds in the aviation sector in arguably 50 years !
    Remind me again, how many billions did QAN lose a couple of years ago ?

There's valuable insights and counter arguments and then there's trolling for a reaction, the two types of posts are different animals.

I think we can all agree that AIR is the best airline listed on the NZX.

However why this widespread vitriol of other airlines beats me. If you are happy with your AIR then good for you, relax.

But I note that people keeping harping on about the past and to let you into a little secret:

Successfully profiting from investing is about looking to the future and finding those companies where present price is at a discount to value.
    You do not get it right every time but you need to be more right than wrong over time.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by RTFQ View Post
    Why would you fly Emirates??? They are really putting a squeeze on media releases.

Pilot chatter is, the emiratie pilot after a hard landing initiated a go around, retracted the undercarriage before the power came on. The aircraft sank, struck an engine and the rest is history.

The link is the actual ATC communications
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94VPOXc2bEM
    Quite unfair and inappropriate statement. Emirates is (together with Air New Zealand) in the group of 12 safest airlines ... and while this ranking has been established prior to the latest crash ... Emirates has still not yet lost one single passenger, despite flying many more miles than Air New Zealand. Air New Zealand however lost already full planes including all passengers (think Mount Erebus).

Personally - I used to do a lot of long haul flights (and still do the odd one) and used over time (in no particular order) Quantas, Cathy Pacific, Lufthansa, Air New Zealand, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, United, BA. Some of them are really bad (BA and Quantas), and some of them are quite good. I'd generally rate AIR, Emirates, Singapore Airlines and Cathy Pacific as some of the better ones. However - if the cost and the connections are comparable, than I would always pick Emirates over AIR, though AIR is improving over time (newer planes and better seats). Emirates still offers much better conditions (e.g. better luggage allowance), often better food, better service and always modern planes, while AIR offers more a lottery - some new and comfortable, some old as.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    .... some new and comfortable, some old as.
    The most comfortable aircraft I have ever flown on was an Air New Zealand Vickers Viscount. Its such a pity they don't still have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

However why this widespread vitriol of other airlines beats me. If you are happy with your AIR then good for you, relax.

But I note that people keeping harping on about the past and to let you into a little secret:

Successfully profiting from investing is about looking to the future and finding those companies where present price is at a discount to value.
    You do not get it right every time but you need to be more right than wrong over time.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Thanks for that secret PT, I never would have guessed. That secret insight explains your remarkable success in the ST competitions in the last few years....and to think having studied Investment analysis at Auckland Uni and getting an A pass I've been doing it wrong for over 30 years...

Anyway...yes please let's get back to discussing AIR, thankfully Chris Luxon has managed to ostensibly extricate AIR from VAH...what would the directors and CEO of AIR know about running an airline eh...pretty sure when he was on the board of directors of VAH Mr Luxon might have gathered one or two insights about the company than even you might have missed PT ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-08-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks for that secret PT, I never would have guessed. That secret insight explains your remarkable success in the ST competitions in the last few years....and to think having studied Investment analysis at Auckland Uni and getting an A pass I've been doing it wrong all these years...

Anyway...yes please let's get back to discussing AIR, thankfully Chris Luxon has managed to ostensibly extricate AIR from VAH...what would the directors and CEO of AIR know about running an airline eh...pretty sure when he was on the board of directors of VAH Mr Luxon might have gathered one or two insights about the company than even you might have missed PT ?
    Dont forget the 25 yard breaststroke certificate and Bronze arrow award from cubs, lol

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    That's such good advice that I feel like I need to frame it and hang it on the wall.

Thanks for the entertainment everyone..more exciting than the share price!

Banned

rmbbrave, you would be a braver person than I to risk your money on Air New Zealand.
    This post from the resident feline from 20/9/2004, I reckon near 12 years of singing the same tune means most holders of the stock would most likely have got the cats message by now. Actually I hear on good authority that Air treat feline passengers very well whilst in transit.

Membaa

Don't lose hope, without hope you have nothing as a holder, albeit hope is losers strategy it still makes you feel better. AIR rallied hard off last Friday's close up, broke $2.28 resistance, slammed into the $2.35 resistance then folded back to $2.28, but still well up on the dismal $2.02 lows and nicely above the rising short term trend line line. Probably just a few nervous nellies shaken out or nimble traders cashing in on the ~10% capital gains? The patient will be here for at least the dividend, after which the real fun starts, who holds, who folds etc. Like a Glen Campbell song, but you don't have to listen to it, fortunately.