sharetrader
Page 779 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 27967972976977577677777877978078178278378982987912791779 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,790 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    That's such good advice that I feel like I need to frame it and hang it on the wall.
    I can offer you a good deal on an original copy with my paw-print on it.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Absolutely agree mate. I suspect there's two sides to this though. Some of the people that would have gone to Europe for their holiday will visit down-under instead for our clean / green / safe environment.

Latest stat's from Tourism N.Z. show 11% growth so they're still coming in droves. Whether AIR is getting its share of this growth or many of these new travellers are coming in on bargain Chinese / Asian flights is another question.

Latest operating stat's from AIR tend to indicate their growth is at a lower rate than the inbound tourism growth so some slippage in market share appears to be evident.
    The latest stats are indeed good, but they are history.
    Yes I think NZ has a strong point as a tourist destination being perceived as a fairly safe destination. But a large chunk of our tourists are from Europe and they almost all travel via Asia. If Lufthansa, Europe´s biggest long hau airline, is saying they notice a big drop in forward bookings to Asia, I am concerned about the effect that will have on the NZ toruism business.

Even though I am not interested in debating the merits of commentors on here, I totally agree with posters who have said we need differing views on this forum. I particularly agree with Black Peter´s great post 7764.
    PT provides much to this forum

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    This post from the resident feline from 20/9/2004, I reckon near 12 years of singing the same tune means most holders of the stock would most likely have got the cats message by now. Actually I hear on good authority that Air treat feline passengers very well whilst in transit.
    A dogmatic cat

Plenty of Asians / Chinese flying here rather than the other way to Europe Iceman, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if I were you mate.

A lot of Europeans now coming thru EZE. I suspect this is why AIR is increasing capacity on this route.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile Oh the irony of it

...what would the directors and CEO of AIR know about running an airline eh...

The Air New Zealand board is one of the least experienced, in the aviation field, in the industry.
    Only Paul Bingham has put in real work at an airline and that was with Air New Zealand.

Even Mr Luxon himself admits that he is not an aviation man, his experience is limited to his time at Air New Zealand.

...pretty sure when he was on the board of directors of VAH Mr Luxon might have gathered one or two insights about the company than even you might have missed PT ?
    He might, but then again he might not.
    Then again, again, there may be a few insights that he missed.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: Have visited the Flying Tigers Museum in Chongqing.
    om mani peme hum

"The Air New Zealand board is one of the least experienced, in the aviation field, in the industry.
    Only Paul Bingham has put in real work at an airline and that was with Air New Zealand. "

Hmm, the AIR board don't seem to be doing too badly for relative amateurs do they? They operate a very efficient commercial airline, have thought well about the future in that the fleet is very up-to-date, they make a reasonable profit even in the current climate competing against an increasing number of more experienced competitors - and all this accepting that they may have missed again and again and again valuable insights from VAH.....

Yes, I would like the SP to soar, but no one has ever said that flying was always smooth, with a tailwind.

Very proud shareholder!

Guru

Norm Geary did not have an aviation background. Nor did Ralph Norris or Jim Scott. Rob Fyfe's aviation background was as an RNZAF engineer.

It is about running a business, not a flying school.

Advanced Member

Historically stock rises nicely post result and I am guessing this time will be the same

VAH would have given C.L. many insights into how not to run an airline. VAH's balance sheet and operating position is still very weak and vulnerable even after the capital raise. Their CEO has fiddled for six years while Rome burned. Very happy AIR is down to 2.5% and their unsecured shareholder loan to them has either already been repaid or is about to be out of the cash issue proceeds. That circa $A130 shareholder loan is about $137m Kiwi and would be a good start (circa 12 cps) towards funding our special divvy
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-08-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The latest stats are indeed good, but they are history.
    Yes I think NZ has a strong point as a tourist destination being perceived as a fairly safe destination. But a large chunk of our tourists are from Europe and they almost all travel via Asia. If Lufthansa, Europe´s biggest long hau airline, is saying they notice a big drop in forward bookings to Asia, I am concerned about the effect that will have on the NZ toruism business.

Even though I am not interested in debating the merits of commentors on here, I totally agree with posters who have said we need differing views on this forum. I particularly agree with Black Peter´s great post 7764.
    PT provides much to this forum
    From a pure business model I think management would have ditched the international arm of AIR a long time ago. The return on investment is just not there.
    AIR's international Ops is more about Branding for the Govt, waving the NZ flag and supplying customers to the profitable side of the business. I don't think it really matters who brings the tourists to NZ as long as they get to fly domestically.