sharetrader
Page 782 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 28268273277277877978078178278378478578679283288212821782 ... LastLast
Results 7,811 to 7,820 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Not forgetting the government (as majority owner) maybe whispering in their "air" saying we would like a bit of cash please!
    That is the only reason in my view we would be granted a special..given recent track history, management are tight as.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    That is the only reason in my view we would be granted a special..given recent track history, management are tight as.
    Tight as toward shareholders but not toward themselves, time to loosen the purse string this divvy.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Tight as toward shareholders but not toward themselves, time to loosen the purse string this divvy.
    bastards havent given me my refund yet...been 1 1/2 months since approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    This should be good....
    You're going to be disappointed today, this dog is too busy with urgent business issues and won't be biting on the bait...today. Get a fresh lot of popcorn tomorrow.

I agree with you Couta1.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-08-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Investor

Looking at the trading pattern over past few days, looks like Mr Market is saying 228-230 is fair value with expected final+special divvy loaded at around 20-25c which makes ex-div price to be around 210-215 range going forward.

.....so when can we expect this special plus final to be announced. Are we (nearly) there yet??
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Has that broken Jetstar jet left Guam yet?
    No it hasn't I understand but the JQ12 passengers got back to OOL yesterday morning on another Jetstar 787 sent up to retrieve them.

The Jetstar 787 uses the GE GEnx engines, there are reports that the engine had a low oil light warning on the 3 month old engine that had replaced an engine that had only been in service for nine months (replaced for an undisclosed 'fault'). There is a FAA directive regarding that engine type on the 787 regarding unexpected engine shutdown but indications that this problem isn't related to that fault. Qantas has an order for several more with the GEnx turbofans that it was planning to replace their last 747s with.... so they will be having a few conference calls with GE over the next few weeks given that there has been some 'operational issues' with the GEnx on the 787.

If you are wondering, the Air NZ 787-9 uses the Rolls Royce Trent 1000 as do the 787-8 of ANA - they were the launch customers for the -8 and -9 models - although there are GEnx variants for both of these models now available.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .....so when can we expect this special plus final to be announced. Are we (nearly) there yet??
    Normally they go XD in 2nd week of September so I guess announcement will be on 26th August (Earnings Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    No it hasn't I understand but the JQ12 passengers got back to OOL yesterday morning on another Jetstar 787 sent up to retrieve them.

The Jetstar 787 uses the GE GEnx engines, there are reports that the engine had a low oil light warning on the 3 month old engine that had replaced an engine that had only been in service for nine months (replaced for an undisclosed 'fault'). There is a FAA directive regarding that engine type on the 787 regarding unexpected engine shutdown but indications that this problem isn't related to that fault. Qantas has an order for several more with the GEnx turbofans that it was planning to replace their last 747s with.... so they will be having a few conference calls with GE over the next few weeks given that there has been some 'operational issues' with the GEnx on the 787.

If you are wondering, the Air NZ 787-9 uses the Rolls Royce Trent 1000 as do the 787-8 of ANA - they were the launch customers for the -8 and -9 models - although there are GEnx variants for both of these models now available.
    I hear from an experienced pilot the GE engines are prone to shutdown in severe thunderstorms too. Hard to beat Rolls Royce engines so AIR certainly made the right engine choice there. I hear Rolls Royce cars are pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    The Jetstar 787 uses the GE GEnx engines, there are reports that the engine had a low oil light warning on the 3 month old engine that had replaced an engine that had only been in service for nine months (replaced for an undisclosed 'fault'). There is a FAA directive regarding that engine type on the 787 regarding unexpected engine shutdown but indications that this problem isn't related to that fault.

What sort of engines do the LAN Chile 787's use on their swings deep into the Southern Ocean to and from Santiago?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.