sharetrader
Page 783 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 28368373377377978078178278378478578678779383388312831783 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,830 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Rainy day fund

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I hear from an experienced pilot the GE engines are prone to shutdown in severe thunderstorms too. Hard to beat Rolls Royce engines so AIR certainly made the right engine choice there. I hear Rolls Royce cars are pretty good too.
    To deviate a little, when I was young I went for a job interview with RR, I was told it was with their aero-engine division but they did a switch on me, they were desperate to find engineers willing to go out for months at a time on nuclear submarines that had their reactors in them.

I said no.

Meanwhile on the subject of dividends:
    I still think they did a bad job giving you 10c for an interim this year but now you are entitled to expect at least 13c for an ordinary.

I would have let you have 7c and 10c.

As for a special if they give you more than half of the VAH sale proceeds they are doing the wrong thing in my book.

Never mind the youngest fleet in the sky in 2020, over the next three years they still have some serious shopping on their agenda, they were at half year a tad over-geared and the future is uncertain.

Best that they play it cautious and let you have a little now and more later if the weather turns out fine.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

I hear from an experienced pilot the GE engines are prone to shutdown in severe thunderstorms too. Hard to beat Rolls Royce engines so AIR certainly made the right engine choice there. I hear Rolls Royce cars are pretty good too.
    The 767's have GE's. The 744's, 5 had GE's and 3 had Rollers. Different variants but GE are just as good as Rolls Royce.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-flight-damage

Airlines flying Boeing Co.’s 787 Dreamliner jets with the latest General Electric Co. engines were ordered to repair them, or swap out at least one with an older model, in an urgent safety directive issued after an in-flight failure.

A GEnx-1B PIP2, part of a family of engines plagued by issues related to icing, suffered “substantial damage” in the Jan. 29 incident, when ice on the fan blades broke loose, the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration said in an order published Friday in the Federal Register.

“The potential for common cause failure of both engines in flight is an urgent safety issue,” the FAA said in its order.

The GEnx, a high-efficiency engine developed for wide-body aircraft, has faced earlier issues with icing. In 2013, the FAA ordered airlines to avoid flying 787 and 747-8 planes equipped with the GE engines near thunderstorms in high-altitude cruise flight. Even in those sub-freezing temperatures, moisture from the storms could enter the engines and form dangerous ice, the FAA said.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    What sort of engines do the LAN Chile 787's use on their swings deep into the Southern Ocean to and from Santiago?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    The Trent 1000

Default Beagles don't understand delayed self gratification and want a full food bowl

10 cents on earnings of 30 cps in the first half had this divvy hound howling with discontent especially when he saw management investing money in environmentally sensitive capital intensive projects with highly dubious investment fundamental's.

The hounds heckles are raised when he knows management want to prance around looking pretentious and proud in their electric cars while said hound can't feed his environmentally irresponsible dinosaur V8 engine properly.

Now that previous management's folly of repeating earlier managements folly of Ansett all over again, (why Rob Fyfe and his team couldn't learn for the first fiasco is anyone's guess) is finally all but over they should simply repay out the full proceeds as a clear sign they will never transgress in such inappropriate expansion folly again.

They're a successful bit player, the 80th biggest airline in the world and that's their lot in life and simply accept it and move on.

Gearing by any peer comparison is modest for such a capital intensive industry. Management are all too keen to reward themselves with what many consider to be extremely generous base salaries to say nothing of their highly lucrative incentive packages and their ability to exercise and sell same with scant regard for sensitivities in terms of timing so now its finally time for shareholders patience to be rewarded at the peak of the aviation cycle, let the food bowl be full and lets all enjoy a decent feed.

No reason they can't pay out 30 cps in total, fully imputed. I'd post a picture of a beagle waiting expectantly beside a food bowl with his tail wagging if I knew how

P.S. Don't bother putting the popcorn on tomorrow, some posts are simply not worthy of a reply, the dog has other bones to find.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-08-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Thumbs up Good to see such confidence in the management

Expectant beagle:

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Default Love many, trust few, and always paddle your own canoe

Good advice to a budding young bean counter from a retiring executive over 30 years ago.
    How did you get the photo of my beagle Kelly used to get the food bowl between her teeth and carry it over to me and put it at my feet if I didn't take the hint any other way
    Once the owner has put the food in the bowl don't ever try and take it out...suspect the same principle applies to feeding certain cat's.

Anyway my days of thinking senior executives are there to entirely serve the interests of shareholders are sadly gone. This hound takes a more realistic view of how people often put their own interests first.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-08-2016 at 06:09 PM.

was there a bad news for AIR recently?

Default Techicolour technical

You probably want it to go up tomorrow (and beyond)

Ignore the orange/yellow zone boundary, it just looks like some sort of resistance thing.
    But if you draw enough lines these things happen.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ohpark0119 View Post
    was there a bad news for AIR recently?
    It's called market oscillations.