sharetrader
Page 829 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 32972977981982582682782882983083183283383987992913291829 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,290 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Veteran novice

Problems with ANA Dreamliner engines - but AIR's are ok.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8374...-due-to-cracks
    Last edited by macduffy; 01-09-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Couldn't help myself positioning for a bigger share of the forthcoming dividend banquet. Bought more today at $2.26. Won't talk confidential specific numbers but I currently have more than ever before

Had to do a quick and dirty review of maximum portfolio allocations to any one share...might have been a bit of creative accounting around new portfolio allocation maximum's to fit the situation
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-09-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Banned

M
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Couldn't help myself positioning for a bigger share of the forthcoming dividend banquet. Bought more today at $2.26. Won't talk confidential specific numbers but I currently have more than ever before

Had to do a quick and dirty review of maximum portfolio allocations to any one share...might have been a bit of creative accounting around new portfolio allocation maximum's to fit the situation
    I knew I'd set a good example for you, forget all that 10% PC nonsense.

Yes, you're the MAN !

Couta and Roger pretty much own Air NZ now

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    "...Stephen Bennie, a partner with fund manager Castle Point, said analysts had reduced their 2017 earnings forecasts for the airline by an average of 29 per cent following the renewed management guidance.
    "They really caught analysts out with how much they were being impacted by increased competition and fuel prices rebounding," Bennie said...."
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11702222

I'm not convinced that fuel prices will rebound too strongly but holding a couple of oil majors acts as some sort of insurance (BP and Shell also good divi payers circa 6 to 7%).
    I have bought a lot of AIR and with the strong nz dollar its time to buy more insurance against rising oil prices.Wondering about your choices and what others think.The main problem I have is the thought of lack of imputation credits and consequently profits in effect being taxed twice

Quote Originally Posted by BC_Doc View Post
    Couta and Roger pretty much own Air NZ now
    Great that will take the volatility out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I have bought a lot of AIR and with the strong nz dollar its time to buy more insurance against rising oil prices.Wondering about your choices and what others think.The main problem I have is the thought of lack of imputation credits and consequently profits in effect being taxed twice
    Have worked for a couplen of oil company's and vested shares when employed, well worth it, shell was the best for dividend stream over time.

Oil (WTI) down 3.69% overnight, continuing a downward trend and still lower than two years ago. With Iran likely to be exporting more now I don't see that oil prices are going to be increasing much in the short to medium term. If prices do go up then fracking will increase in the USA. Russia and Saudi Arabia need oil income for their economies so they can't afford to reduce production to try and force prices up. I think we're OK for the next two years as far as oil prices go.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Was the quick and dirty adjustment to start pricing AirNZ ex div in your portfolio and list the dividend as a separate holding?