sharetrader
Page 838 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 33873878882883483583683783883984084184284888893813381838 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,380 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    $1349 return trip to London from Air China. Will be interesting to see how AIR responds as they will need to keep load factors up on these long haul routes , how heavily will they need to discount is the $64,000 question. The next few monthly operating statistics will be very interesting as these will start to show the impact of the increased level of competition especially long haul. My bet the monthly op stats both short and long haul will start to get nasty rather quickly from here while domestic should hold up. DYOR and look beyond the divi yield as with a earnings downgrade the divi will drop accordingly.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/travel/news/...ectid=11703412
    My experience is the inexperienced or tight budget traveller will go direct this distance, for most they will pay a bit more to have a stop over for the sake of their sanity and health plus the extra experience to the overall trip it provides.

Losing market share of Chinese visitors to NZ I think is the greatest risk so it will be interesting...although overall market growth may mitigate it for now.

Say as much as you like DYOR however there is no way of knowing the effect of competition..have a look at forward bookings and what do you see...

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    The Savvy will sell some prior to ex-div, hold after and buy a good bargain on dip and never tell a word unless provoked.
    That's the one:-)

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Fair enough--Not necessarily saying Instos are the bees knees--But sometimes the poor ole instos get blamed for everything...Anyway ,should be an interesting week ,and best of luck to all!
    Yes Skid, you're right in saying not just the instos but the sheer volume is indicative of AIR being out of flavor and hence the dumping by some big players.

I hedged my bets. Tempted to come in more on a couple of occasions but never quite got there but enough to be slightly anxious about the ex divvy price and erratic nature of SP of late.

It's been a ride but currently I'm in green territory just and happy to keep them. Certainly won't be freaking out and selling them ex divvy and have sympathy for those that have freaked and sold on the lows

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    $1349 return trip to London from Air China. ....
    Air China could make it $349 return and I would still wouldn't fly with them. For some things price is not the main decision driver.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Yes Skid, you're right in saying not just the instos but the sheer volume is indicative of AIR being out of flavor and hence the dumping by some big players.

I hedged my bets. Tempted to come in more on a couple of occasions but never quite got there but enough to be slightly anxious about the ex divvy price and erratic nature of SP of late.

It's been a ride but currently I'm in green territory just and happy to keep them. Certainly won't be freaking out and selling them ex divvy and have sympathy for those that have freaked and sold on the lows
    .......but wont you just be a little green with envy when the share price is $2.20 next Friday when every one else has got this manna from heaven

Should have shouted yourself a few thousand AIR shares for Father's Day

Just thinking
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    .......but wont you just be a little green with envy when the share price is $2.20 next Friday when every one else has got this manna from heaven.......
    I am hoping that AIR will be $1.92 next Friday so I can buy more at a cheap price.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    .......but wont you just be a little green with envy when the share price is $2.20 next Friday when every one else has got this manna from heaven

Should have shouted yourself a few thousand AIR shares for Father's Day

Just thinking
    Wouldn't that be nice. I am pretty comfortable with what I hold and in reality the shares I have are for the kids when they are old enough to use the money for good use. May be tempted to top up but my thoughts are mixed and I am not overly itchy on the trigger finger.

I got bacon and eggs on toast in bed with a coffee, plenty of hugs and attention from the little ones and feeling pretty chuffed - hope other fathers get treated well today also.

Banned

Hey Boysy, Air versus Trilogy, one is an ESSENTIAL service the other has nice products but is NON ESSENTIAL, one enables a countless number of people to have efficient productive lives, the other is something which you can take or leave as it will make little or no difference to your life, one has been around 76yrs and will more than likely be around another 76 yrs, the other is a relative baby and in 76 yrs will be a forgotten memory.Both have lots of competition. Disc-Hold both so no axe to grind.

What are AIR going to do with the $150m of AIR010 bonds that mature this November

At 6.9% sort of expensive borrowings / capital

Whatever - less interest next year = more profit
    Last edited by winner69; 04-09-2016 at 11:48 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

In 1947 a return air fare to London from Auckland would have cost approximately $1170 - the equivalent to 85 weeks' pay for the average worker. That is compared to today's cost of $1349 - just 1.5 weeks' pay for the average worker.
    Extract from link posted above. Isn't that simply stunning !!! This is why we are in a golden age for air travel and why IATA believe worldwide demand will continue to grow at 5-6% per annum almost indefinitely.

You get what you pay for with Chinese airlines and that isn't much. Very small and cramped seats, very small meals, herded en-masse between flights in transit. Maybe one of the flight attendant's might speak English if you are lucky.

$1900 return on Air's Dreamliner to Singapore and then switching to Singapore's A380 with wide 19 inch seats would be the best extra $551 you ever spent in your entire life in my opinion.

Some good debate above. Won't add much to it today...sometimes even the most enthusiastic hound has to have a rest with his partner https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-ima...s-image4048874
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-09-2016 at 01:37 PM.