sharetrader
Page 839 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 33973978982983583683783883984084184284384988993913391839 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,390 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

couta1 its a apples and oranges scenario i think you would find for a number of woman TIL products would be more essential than AIR flights (my partner certainly thinks pricey candles are essential on a side note). Yes AIR has lasted 76 years but they have had a few minor pieces of turbulence such as a government bailout in recent history which might be worth mentioning. As most here are holders i hope I'm wrong but AIR has passed 'Peak Earnings' with new entrants seemingly happy to jump on AIR most profitable short/long haul routes which is being driven by lower oil it really will be a race to the bottom with travellers to be the ultimate beneficiaries. What we can all be in agreement is that it will be a very interesting trading week with the share to go ex div my bet short term holders will dump hard in the later part of the week and the share will be comfortably below the pre divi price less 35c.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Extract from link posted above. Isn't that simply stunning !!! This is why we are in a golden age for air travel and why IATA believe worldwide demand will continue to grow at 5-6% per annum almost indefinitely.

You get what you pay for with Chinese airlines and that isn't much. Very small and cramped seats, very small meals, herded en-masse between flights in transit. Maybe one of the flight attendant's might speak English if you are lucky.

$1900 return on Air's Dreamliner to Singapore and then switching to Singapore's A380 with wide 19 inch seats would be the best extra $551 you ever spent in your entire life in my opinion.

Some good debate above. Won't add much to it today...sometimes even the noisiest hound has to have a rest
    First time I flw to London was 1971 - it cost me about $2,300 which was a lot of dosh those days

Remember if well - Wgtn/Auckland/Singapore/Mumbai(Bombay back then) / London with a 26 hour unscheduled stop over in Bombay because the plane wouldn't start and finally arrived in London to a baggage handlers strike.

Return was London/Rome/Dubai/Mumbai/Bangkok/Hong Kong without getting off the plane for 27 hours and then Hong Kong/Auckland/Wellington

I was told it was the joys of flying and that's what cheap fares gave you - spose things have got better
    Last edited by winner69; 04-09-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Extract from link posted above. Isn't that simply stunning !!! This is why we are in a golden age for air travel and why IATA believe worldwide demand will continue to grow at 5-6% per annum almost indefinitely.

You get what you pay for with Chinese airlines and that isn't much. Very small and cramped seats, very small meals, herded en-masse between flights in transit. Maybe one of the flight attendant's might speak English if you are lucky.

$1900 return on Air's Dreamliner to Singapore and then switching to Singapore's A380 with wide 19 inch seats would be the best extra $551 you ever spent in your entire life in my opinion.

Some good debate above. Won't add much to it today...sometimes even the most enthusiastic hound has to have a rest with his partner https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-ima...s-image4048874
    Have you flown with Air China? My neighbor did and moved up to business class with the money they saved (and a special offer) He slept most of the way
    Last edited by skid; 04-09-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Thumbs up There's subjectivity.... And then there's sub-objectivity

Sure one might say AIR is at the 'peak of its earnings', but would it then be also appropriate to say many other airlines are also at their peak given a significant proportion of earnings were derived from cheaper fuel as per their presentation. So is AIR actually well positioned RELATIVELY? Who knows.

Also, undervaluation is as pertinent as who believes it's undervalued. So is overvaluation. I believe it's undervalued but more importantly, who else that actually has significance believes that too ...

These comments are neither in favour or disfavor of AIR's potential future SP. They are just the thoughts of a bored person waiting to board an AIR plane.......

FYI: enjoying my first business class 'one up' successful upgrade

Hi everyone.

Would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on where the SP might end up come ex div and/or how long it may take to recover to current levels if it drops.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by simjp81 View Post
    Hi everyone.

Would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on where the SP might end up come ex div and/or how long it may take to recover to current levels if it drops.
    Please go over the last dozen pages of this thread to read people's opinions including my own.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Please go over the last dozen pages of this thread to read people's opinions including my own.
    Ok, thanks couta1. Sorry to be a pain and fill up the thread with stupid questions when its already been covered.

Another question then, and apologies if it sounds dumb to all the old hands on here. If the SP drops by 35c to say $1.97ish and NTA is currently $1.764, would it be likely AIR will instigate a share buy back to bolster the SP, or are they ok with it being around that level? Or do I have my understanding way off the mark.

Another question then, and apologies if it sounds dumb to all the old hands on here. If the SP drops by 35c to say $1.97ish and NTA is currently $1.764, would it be likely AIR will instigate a share buy back to bolster the SP, or are they ok with it being around that level? Or do I have my understanding way off the mark.
    Full year webcast analyst with analysts - share buy back not on agenda they said
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hi everyone.

It is rare to get such a large special dividend. In fact in the last 4 years, there have been 3 large ones (that I can recall):

SKT 2012 - 32c dividend closing price before dividend went ex 5.15. closing price next day 4.86 and then drifted lower on subsequent trading sessions. It recovered less than 2 months later
    AIR 2014 - 15.5c dividend closing price before dividend went ex 2.21. closing price next day 2.06 and then fell further on subsequent trading sessions. It recovered less than 2 months later
    CEN 2015 -50c dividend closing price before dividend went ex 6.08. closing price next day 5.57 and then fell further on subsequent trading sessions. THE PRICE HAS NOT RECOVERED

What is common here:
    1. The price generally falls by the amount of the dividend
    2. The price continues to fall in the following trading sessions

I have no idea what will happen with AIR this time round and do not care to speculate.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR