sharetrader
Page 857 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 35775780784785385485585685785885986086186790795713571857 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,570 of 20180

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I always have a little smile when I see number next to 'Finance Income' in the Income Statement

Generally around $50m to $60m a year (last year was $53m)

Pretty good return for 'investing' all the zillions of dollars of pre-paid fares eh (assuming that thiscwhat it relates to)

Covers half their own interest bill
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hey All,

I have been trying to post for the past week but today I have that magic email saying I am allowed to. It has been good fun reading all your comments.

My predict was for 2.46 end yesterday and a 2.11 start to todays trading.

I was in at 2.1 a few months ago and will be happy to leave in the mid 20s whenever that time comes (but I don't think it will be many days). My reasoning is mostly fundamental (more domestic flights which is where the main money is) but also technical (moving av). Most importantly at a 20c divi... 2.4 is a price that will sit nicely for mums and dads

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bonmaklad View Post
    Hey All,

I have been trying to post for the past week but today I have that magic email saying I am allowed to. It has been good fun reading all your comments.

My predict was for 2.46 end yesterday and a 2.11 start to todays trading.

I was in at 2.1 a few months ago and will be happy to leave in the mid 20s whenever that time comes (but I don't think it will be many days). My reasoning is mostly fundamental (more domestic flights which is where the main money is) but also technical (moving av). Most importantly at a 20c divi... 2.4 is a price that will sit nicely for mums and dads
    Welcome aboard bonmaklad I have just put in a cheeky bid for 1.50 just for a laugh. But will have to up it as day progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Welcome aboard bonmaklad I have just put in a cheeky bid for 1.50 just for a laugh. But will have to up it as day progresses.
    haha, if it goes below 2... I am doubling down... if it went below 1.7... I am pulling money out of the house

From all accounts AIR IT and marketing are top notch.

Some research shows that 85% of travel consumers said they value personalisation ....and that personalisation affected their travel purchase decisions.

Digital technology is a powerful weapon these days in generating personalised offers to travellers to give hem stuff they 'value' and maintain loyalties etc. best of all these travellers don't seem to mind paying a premium.

Competition and cheap fares will always be here but the likes of AIR will make heaps out of life time value they can extract from a loyal customer (with personalised offers)

Maybe AIR already has a tablet in the crews quarter with the 'personal details' of the passengers to facilitate a more personalised service to each individual. Imagine a nice hostess approaching Seat 57C and saying 'hi Mr Roger - good flight. Did you know there!s a cute video on beagles on the entertainment system ......and heck these seats on the Dreamliners are pretty wide compared to sone of the sardine cans you get on other airlines (they both laugh as Roger trues to make himself a little more comfortable in 57C without spilling into 57B)'

That sort of service might go to economy but the notes on the tablet might say 'we need to get that MR Roger to spend his divies and fly Business so we nice to him at least and offer him an extra Pinot at least'

But that's the way the world is heading - sure AIR will be leading the way ....better returns than $800 trips to China
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I think if the share price goes below $2.00 today it won't stay there for long. Too many people would jump in if that mental hurdle is breached.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    From all accounts AIR IT and marketing are top notch.

Some research shows that 85% of travel consumers said they value personalisation ....and that personalisation affected their travel purchase decisions.

Digital technology is a powerful weapon these days in generating personalised offers to travellers to give hem stuff they 'value' and maintain loyalties etc. best of all these travellers don't seem to mind paying a premium.

Competition and cheap fares will always be here but the likes of AIR will make heaps out of life time value they can extract from a loyal customer (with personalised offers)

Maybe AIR already has a tablet in the crews quarter with the 'personal details' of the passengers to facilitate a more personalised service to each individual. Imagine a nice hostess approaching Seat 57C and saying 'hi Mr Roger - good flight. Did you know there!s a cute video on beagles on the entertainment system ......and heck these seats on the Dreamliners are pretty wide compared to sone of the sardine cans you get on other airlines (they both laugh as Roger trues to make himself a little more comfortable in 57C without spilling into 57B)'

That sort of service might go to economy but the notes on the tablet might say 'we need to get that MR Roger to spend his divies and fly Business so we nice to him at least and offer him an extra Pinot at least'

But that's the way the world is heading - sure AIR will be leading the way ....better returns than $800 trips to China
    I agree, they are getting better at this however there is room for improvement...as a high frequent flyer and my spend would be similar between AIR and Emirates as a whole pa Emirates are more progressive in this area currently.

LOL mate you nailed it in one. Just as well Mrs Roger can accommodate some of her seat being "borrowed"

New head of digital from America looks to have the credentials to implement some interesting innovations. the other day they were talking about the future where AIR might have a virtual reality app where people can tap into a see the highlights of their forthcoming destination...imagine a heads-up on jet boating, bungy jumping, skiing, gondola ride, Earnslaw trip etc that would play on virtual reality like you were engrossed in the experience, that would pique peoples interest and get their tails wagging.

BTW What on earth happened to the U.S. Carriers on Wall Street ? UAL, AAL and Delta all up 4-5% overnight. Very supportive environment for AIR's first day trading ex.

Going to be very interesting day today... Wonder if it'll breach $2

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Going to be very interesting day today... Wonder if it'll breach $2
    Ex 35 cents dividend so Air NZ sp has done very well since its results was announced and the doomsday merchants came out in droves to predict gloom and dark days for shareholders.

Analysts mid point valuation is $2.26 which will still give a dividend yield of between 8% to 10% in the next 3 years. Contrast that with overseas stocks and the likelihood that NZ interest rates go lower (especially with strong NZ$), and Air should recover towards that price.