sharetrader
Page 862 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 36276281285285885986086186286386486586687291296213621862 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,620 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I only have 4K shares and it's my biggest holding in my portfolio

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    Puts my 1000 shares to absolute shame... Gotta start somewhere though right??
    Dont be ashamed of having 1000 shares. I am a newbie too, started with 1,000 and have nibbled my way up to 10,000 in the last week or two . That is the limit for this little fish at the moment. I have the greatest respect for the amount of shares the big boys hold, but that would scare the **** out of me

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Happens for every share when it goes ex-div.

Specials to London Heathrow with Malaysia Airlines for $1249

Let me know if you take it up - I will wave at your plane as it goes by.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Ouch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDwC...wCMxPwJ_4#t=73

Advanced Member

From my understanding after xd date all bids are cleared for new days trading.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Happens for every share when it goes ex-div.

Specials to London Heathrow with Malaysia Airlines for $1249

I have a one hour stopover in KL each way too so its a quick way to get home!Let me know if you take it up - I will wave at your plane as it goes by.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Have booked this for a visit home to NZL in Feb, i'd like to pledge allegiance to Air NZ, but when you are booking the cheap bucket Economy fares on Air NZ the SP and AP earn rates are terrible and not enough of an incentive to book with them.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Did you mean to say

I have taken the liberity of reconstructing what I believe you meant to say. you can PM me if it needs changing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    Have booked this for a visit home to NZL in Feb, i'd like to pledge allegiance to Air NZ, but when you are booking the cheap bucket Economy fares on Air NZ the SP and AP earn rates are terrible and not enough of an incentive to book with them. I have a one hour stopover in KL each way too so its a quick way to get home!
    Pricing is getting really aggressive at the moment with East Asian & Middle-Eastern carriers apparently determined to fill their planes.

Though Malaysia Airlines offers a good inflight service I like to avoid Heathrow and usually pick the cheapest deal from KL to Birmingham on my annual pilgrimage to Blighty.

Airline loyality schemes are hardly worth it these days and I only sign up for them so they can auto-populate the forms when I book a flight.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

It's the time of year to plan our annual boys trip to the UK to take in a couple of EPL games and drink and well drink....always look at the cheap flights as affordability is a big issue for most although nearly all are aware of the safety records of airlines..so it just doesn't just come down to price.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    Have booked this for a visit home to NZL in Feb, i'd like to pledge allegiance to Air NZ, but when you are booking the cheap bucket Economy fares on Air NZ the SP and AP earn rates are terrible and not enough of an incentive to book with them.
    I see a few comments on here recently about service and costs. I have just returned from a trip with Star Alliance, Air NZ to Houston, Lufthansa to Frankfurt and then Buenos Aires, AIR from BA-Auckland. Business class fares all of it. On the last leg with AIR from BA to AKL, I wanted to change my dates and fly 4 days earlier than originally booked. AIR told me as they had only 2 seats left, they would need to charge an extra $1,880 on the already hugely expensive tickets. I said "stuff you" I will fly PE instead. Their reply, sorry your fare rules don't allow you "voluntary downgrade" so if you want to travel in a lower class, you need to buy a new ticket.
    As I could not change dates, we ended up paying the ridiculous amount to get 1 of the 2 remaining BC seats to sit amongst the Pumas :-) BUT what infuriates me, is that one BC seat was empty. Pathetic service from AIR where loyalty (Gold Elite) makes no difference. Loyalty is a 2 way thing as far as I am concerned and AIR just lost mine

I can't help wondering if Malaysian airlines still fly over the Ukraine and whether they're properly psychologically testing their pilots now as part of their annual medical.
    I'd still much rather pay ~ $1900 and fly with AIR and Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I see a few comments on here recently about service and costs. I have just returned from a trip with Star Alliance, Air NZ to Houston, Lufthansa to Frankfurt and then Buenos Aires, AIR from BA-Auckland. Business class fares all of it. On the last leg with AIR from BA to AKL, I wanted to change my dates and fly 4 days earlier than originally booked. AIR told me as they had only 2 seats left, they would need to charge an extra $1,880 on the already hugely expensive tickets. I said "stuff you" I will fly PE instead. Their reply, sorry your fare rules don't allow you "voluntary downgrade" so if you want to travel in a lower class, you need to buy a new ticket.
    As I could not change dates, we ended up paying the ridiculous amount to get 1 of the 2 remaining BC seats to sit amongst the Pumas :-) BUT what infuriates me, is that one BC seat was empty. Pathetic service from AIR where loyalty (Gold Elite) makes no difference. Loyalty is a 2 way thing as far as I am concerned and AIR just lost mine
    I hear you, been there before:-) AIR do not have the structure in place to deal with this stuff unless you are a member of the elite priority one club or VIP, I have only found it with Emirates, with them I have a relationship manager that caters for a group of higher net worth private business owners. Emirates can also accommodate it on its routes as it has the volume seats capacity to provide the flexibility.