sharetrader
Page 865 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 36576581585586186286386486586686786886987591596513651865 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,650 of 20178

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

not so long ago i got tangled up with a couple of AIR air hostess.. (another story..) they where always told if the plane is over weight, passengers are the first thing to be bumped off, the money is in the freight
    if not you now who when..

that usually applies to standby passengers only clips, but anyway, tell us about your entanglement - sounds like a much better story

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clips View Post
    not so long ago i got tangled up with a couple of AIR air hostess.. (another story..) they where always told if the plane is over weight, passengers are the first thing to be bumped off, the money is in the freight
    Blonde I bet. Total bs.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by simjp81 View Post
    You and me both. Anyone else. Who still expects a recovery to the 220's in a few weeks?
    I suspect that many are waiting to actually have the dividend in their bank before buying more AIR.

Default Beagles have very little interest in NTA, just how much food arrives in their bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    less $0.35 for that dividend payout and add maybe $0.06 in profits since.

So only $1.47 now.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Quite right but NTA doesn't seem to be especially relevant to other airlines, closest competitor QAN has an NTA of ~ $1.50, almost the same as AIR and SP over $3.30 last time I looked. Proof that AIR is worth at least $3.00

EPS of 32 cps based on mid point of forecast and forecast divvies of 20 cps is what matters.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-09-2016 at 01:53 PM.

Here's a theory for the ardent AIR holders.
    Why not switch to VAH? They have a recapitalised balance sheet ( ok, still not fantastic), some 'interesting' shareholders, such a low share price and resilient major shareholders that the downside from these levels ( early to mid 20c) IMO is limited, and similar 'airline' (too many moving parts) risks to AIR.
    Also, while QAN are fierce opposition, I would argue VAH don't face the same widespread growing competition that AIR is facing.
    Finally, while AIR is mostly out of VAH because they "had better things to do with the money" (i.e. give it to shareholders, and who knows where that pressure came from) it doesn't mean VAH doesn't have a profitable future given time.
    OK, no dividends for a long time, but the share price could well compensate for that.

Disc. Bought AIR at 87c when they were well out of favour, and did quite well.
    Holding VAH for the turnaround.
    Last edited by biker; 09-09-2016 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Added to text

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Here's a theory for the ardent AIR holders.
    Why not switch to VAH? They have a recapitalised balance sheet ( ok, still not fantastic), some 'interesting' shareholders, such a low share price and resilient major shareholders that the downside from these levels ( early to mid 20c) IMO is limited, and similar 'airline' risks to AIR.
    Also, while QAN are fierce opposition, I would argue VAH don't face the same widespread growing competition that AIR is facing.
    Finally, while AIR is mostly out of VAH because they "had better things to do with the money" (i.e. give it to shareholders, and who knows where that pressure came from) it doesn't mean VAH doesn't have a profitable future given time.
    OK, no dividends for a long time, but the share price could well compensate.

Disc. Bought AIR at 87c when they were well out of favour, and did quite well.
    Holding VAH for the turnaround.
    Biker

Respect for looking at things from a different angle but I don't share your perpestive. AIR have a very strong domestic franchise which flys around 85% of passenger movements in NZ and that remains very profitable despite Jetstar being on the scene. International is clearly much tougher looking forward and AIR might only break even on that shortly. But VAH still have a poor balance sheet and struggle to make a return even with low oil prices. Glad AIR kicked VAH for touch. It might seem cheap but to me is a value trap. Most large holders are strategic holders rather than return on investment from VAHs operations imho.
    Last edited by Arbroath; 09-09-2016 at 03:03 PM.

They're as different as chalk and cheese for all the reasons that have already been discussed many times at great length.

$2.035 bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Biker

Respect for looking at things from a different angle but I don't share your perpestive. AIR have a very strong domestic franchise which flys around 85% of passenger movements in NZ and that remains very profitable despite Jetstar being on the scene. International is clearly much tougher looking forward and AIR might only break even on that shortly. But VAH still have a poor balance sheet and struggle to make a return even with low oil prices. Glad AIR kicked VAH for touch. It might seem cheap but to me is a value trap. Most large holders are strategic holders rather than return on investment from VAHs operations imho.
    And, you may well be right.