sharetrader
Page 866 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 36676681685686286386486586686786886987087691696613661866 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,660 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    They're as different as chalk and cheese for all the reasons that have already been discussed many times at great length.
    Yes, quite right Roger, and that was the point of my post.

Its literally on a wing and a prayer Biker. Balance sheet is still badly stretched, old panes mostly leased, lack of cohesive business plan, no idea when or if the company will make money.

Bottom line for me if Chris Luxon wanted out so badly and was best placed to know the systemic issues facing the company with a seat on the board, I'm staying well away. There are many issues including lacklustre management and the cream Branson pulls out of the operation with royalties. In fact the only ones doing well are Branson and management, shareholders are sheep that get shorn.
    Besides that Beagles don't like eating chalk

P.S. Almost forgot. AIR are looking to sell their remaining shares in VAH "in due course" so an overhang of 200 million odd shares is something else for investors in VAH to keep in mind.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-09-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by simjp81 View Post
    $2.035 bargain.
    Thats pretty much where it should be, deducting the Dividend---You didnt really think you were getting a totally ''free lunch'' did you?-(Actually I think SH have come out a bit in the black)---Meanwhile..get ready for the competition--(yes,I mean domestic as well,where price really does make a difference)
    We are now entering the golden era of the airline Customer (as opposed to airline accountants) Its now up to the airline economic strategists and marketing Gurus.(Lets hope they make a few changes in your area,Iceman and Dobby)
    Its time for Chris to earn his stripes----Will he be able to hold onto his ''messiah status''?-We shall see --This has got to be good for ''Joe Public''
    Last edited by skid; 09-09-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    It's not just AiR NZ specific unfortunately. Try the sam with Jetstar, Qantas, Emirates, AirAsia, Singapore etc. It's an industry thing = revenue protection by being formal/rigid around the classification of tickets and not allowing changes beyond the conditions. Airline customer support staff are trained to stick to these rules and not change them
    So while other airlines are also adopting stupid policies,this would be a good time to show some economic sense( Revenue protection, in this case, does not apply to future revenue)..Many victims,in the future, will vote with their patronage.
    This may sound like a criticism,but it is also an opportunity,there for the taking.

Guru

Ah Oh! Looks like there may be a new game in town ,outside the AIR bubble..(Airline index down 2.69% with the Dow.S&P,Nasdaq, on its heels) Flash in the pan?

Qantas cheapest stock in the world - from Barrons and republished in The Australian

Has 50% upside and all that stuff

Aussie insto move out of AIR into this wonder stock?

http://www.barrons.com/articles/qant...her-1473303710

Air NZ standing in the world is highlighted - its not even mentioned ha ha
    Last edited by winner69; 10-09-2016 at 03:49 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Flight just coming in to AKL with a flat tyre, be a few puckering ring pieces on board I imagine

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Flight just coming in to AKL with a flat tyre, be a few puckering ring pieces on board I imagine
    All safe and sound

Probably a Dreamliner - always seem to be them having problems these days

Must stop watching Air Crash Investigation

Bit horrifying what happens these days - one I saw recently had these pilots both done 10,000 plus flying hours and never never landed a plane by hand (without the computer helping out)
    Last edited by winner69; 10-09-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All safe and sound

Probably a Dreamliner - always seem to be them having problems these days

Must stop watching Air Crash Investigation

Bit horrifying what happens these days - one I saw recently had these pilots both done 10,000 plus flying hours and never never landed a plane by hand (without the computer helping out)
    http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/nation...cid=spartandhp

Automatic landing systems are fitted on all modern commercial airliners. At least with AIR's pilots you know they've been trained the old fashioned way and come up through one of the best accredited flying schools with hundreds of hours hands on flying in a Cessna or similar light aircraft types. Many of the new low cost airlines predominantly use simulators these days.

As for Qantas being bargain cheap how would they know as the company declined to issue a forecast for FY17 ? but noted competition and revenue pressure. I think they're in much the same situation as AIR and their FY17 earnings will get a haircut much like AIR's and wouldn't be surprised to see their EPS much the same as AIR's is in FY17 as was the case in FY16...yet their shares at ~ $3.30. Which shares are really the bargain ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-09-2016 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Added Link

Roger - i think was a Korean plane I mentioned - the computers or something broke and the pilots didn't know how to land and it crashed