sharetrader
Page 873 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 37377382386386987087187287387487587687788392397313731873 ... LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,730 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I'm no TA expert, leaving that title to Hoop, but the $2 support/resistance line was broken which is historically significant. The current trend can be comparable to that during 2007 with similair highs/lows and volatility in trading as per the chart below (I'm not saying this is a repetition of the GFC). The death cross was observed in mid-May and the cum-div price bounced off the 200 day MA, establishing the downtrend channel.

TA is in no means a prediction of the future, merely a representation of investor behaviour that can reveal trading patterns to those who are willing it see it. The fundamentals may well be spectacular, which have been discussed at great lengths over the past few months, but buying at the wrong time in a cyclical stock's swings can be harmful.

DYOR and be careful.

http://puu.sh/r8xdf/6f0794d010.png

AIR share price back over 200 today - heading to 220 by month end

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Well the US markets have bounced so if AIR doesn't then we have a clearer understanding of mr market value on it.....

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Well the US markets have bounced so if AIR doesn't then we have a clearer understanding of mr market value on it.....
    One can hope...

If considering AA for your next flight AKL to LAX consider the inconvenience of a limited network when things don't go to plan. I heard one recent flight out of Auckland had an 18 hour wait due to a medical emergency that the pilot had when coming to Auckland thus had to wait for another pilot to come to NZ to take them to LAX. American staff at AKL were very helpful and provided food, a nice hotel room and shuttle to and from the airport for the night for those in involved however my contact needed to be in the USA.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    One can hope...

If considering AA for your next flight AKL to LAX consider the inconvenience of a limited network when things don't go to plan. I heard one recent flight out of Auckland had an 18 hour wait due to a medical emergency that the pilot had when coming to Auckland thus had to wait for another pilot to come to NZ to take them to LAX. American staff at AKL were very helpful and provided food, a nice hotel room and shuttle to and from the airport for the night for those in involved however my contact needed to be in the USA.
    A bit like me and 40 other AIR passengers going to Frankfurt via Houston recently. Late departure from AKL missed Lufthansa connection so we got 24 hours in Texas. Nice hotel and good transport but we needed to be in Europe and most had to sort/pay new ongoing travel arrangements from Frankfurt.

But on a different note, I hope AIR keeps dropping a bit more to enter my radar screen again :-)

Guru

I would imagine most are expecting AIR to recover today.
    That little episode however, goes to show how sensitive outside markets are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I'm no TA expert, leaving that title to Hoop, but the $2 support/resistance line was broken which is historically significant. The current trend can be comparable to that during 2007 with similair highs/lows and volatility in trading as per the chart below (I'm not saying this is a repetition of the GFC). The death cross was observed in mid-May and the cum-div price bounced off the 200 day MA, establishing the downtrend channel.

TA is in no means a prediction of the future, merely a representation of investor behaviour that can reveal trading patterns to those who are willing it see it. The fundamentals may well be spectacular, which have been discussed at great lengths over the past few months, but buying at the wrong time in a cyclical stock's swings can be harmful.

DYOR and be careful.

http://puu.sh/r8xdf/6f0794d010.png
    AIR at $1.935 = 35 cent divvy = $2.285 so on a dividend adjusted basis if one takes that as a reasonable interpretation and I make no assertions either way, (just pointing out an alternative view), is still above the 100 day moving average.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A bit like me and 40 other AIR passengers going to Frankfurt via Houston recently. Late departure from AKL missed Lufthansa connection so we got 24 hours in Texas. Nice hotel and good transport but we needed to be in Europe and most had to sort/pay new ongoing travel arrangements from Frankfurt.

But on a different note, I hope AIR keeps dropping a bit more to enter my radar screen again :-)
    All will be forgiven then I presume mate and you can start flying them again

Winner - Okay, yeap, I can see your point of view now. I guess the market is worried that there might be another downgrade sometime this year which would explain the very low PE relative to market.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-09-2016 at 09:58 AM.

AIR is exiting the NZX15 on Friday 16th during close of trading in the match process. Does anyone have any thoughts they'd care to share on what possible impact on the share price due to this event, if any ?

Banned

already back to $2 in first 16 minutes of trading

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
    already back to $2 in first 16 minutes of trading
    One of the cheapest stocks in the world .....more to come
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”