sharetrader
Page 874 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 37477482486487087187287387487587687787888492497413741874 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,740 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    One of the cheapest stocks in the world .....more to come
    Yesterday it was going to be $1.40 in a year's time... LOL mate you're a character

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yesterday it was going to be $1.40 in a year's time... LOL mate you're a character
    Well you never know with AIR eh

That chart that shows the long term cyclical nature of the AIR share price still worries me - 140 sometime still on cards, current environment not that good.

But then dividend strippers will see price back to 220 pretty soon.

Being cheap doesn't mean a good investment does it - cheap for a reason?
    Last edited by winner69; 13-09-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

But then dividend strippers will see price back to 220 pretty soon.
    Think they're all waiting for divvy monies to be paid on Monday and then we might see the surge in sp.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Think they're all waiting for divvy monies to be paid on Monday and then we might see the surge in sp.
    ...but wouldn't they be getting now before the big rush - cost more next week
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

...but wouldn't they be getting now before the big rush - cost more next week
    But they went all in before it went ex-divvy, with FOMO on fat juicy divvy...

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    But they went all in before it went ex-divvy, with FOMO on fat juicy divvy...
    Yup, winner forgets small investors are generally poor and do not have excess disposable income:-) He is forgetting all that super on tap!

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Yup, winner forgets small investors are generally poor and do not have excess disposable income:-).....
    Well, maybe not quite poor, but certainly lacking in disposable income.

I was thrilled when my annual bonus from work came through last week and finally allowed my to break that elusive $100K mark on my portfolio. But that didn't leave much left over to take advantage of the fall in prices this week. Now next week I should be able to buy some more, so here's hoping prices stay lowish for another week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Well, maybe not quite poor, but certainly lacking in disposable income.

I was thrilled when my annual bonus from work came through last week and finally allowed my to break that elusive $100K mark on my portfolio. But that didn't leave much left over to take advantage of the fall in prices this week. Now next week I should be able to buy some more, so here's hoping prices stay lowish for another week.
    Totally understand....just putting it on think for Winners benefit:-) Cross my mind the other day when the number of AIR small retail investors holding was mentioned...

ps congrats on the milestone:-)
    Last edited by Raz; 13-09-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Who can catch a falling knife? AIR NZ was a great buy at $3.20 what about now it's under $2? I was shocked a prominent poster on this forum tired to argue that 'dividend stripping' was actually a arbitrage play and not one person in two days pointed out his folly? Please people don't get your finance advice from this forum... you will loose a lot of money....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by nzspeak View Post
    Who can catch a falling knife? AIR NZ was a great buy at $3.20 what about now it's under $2? I was shocked a prominent poster on this forum tired to argue that 'dividend stripping' was actually a arbitrage play and not one person in two days pointed out his folly? Please people don't get your finance advice from this forum... you will loose a lot of money....
    A timely reminder.!
    Thank you for your post.