sharetrader
Page 890 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 39079084088088688788888989089189289389490094099013901890 ... LastLast
Results 8,891 to 8,900 of 20180

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Things settling down and cash in the bank ....but wasn't manna from heaven after all.

Dividend stripping - my return 5% over say 2 months - so so but in the context of 'dividend stripping' probably quite respectable. Must curb my enthusiasm / expectations for such things.

Does all this imply that about 25 cent dividend was expected and priced in to the share price pre announcement?

Looking forward likely that the share price will hover around $2 +/- a bit for the next year with a 20 cent dividend anticipated .....barring any disasters or bad news

Hmmm - hang around with this likely return or go seek something better somewhere else.
    Your starting to see the big picture better than some W69--You've done ok so thats good (its not however the goose that laid the golden egg in terms of the entire div.)--Those with a huge divi will have to reinvest back in the co. to keep the same value in their portfolio (setting aside whether the share is going to go up or down--which of course is a consideration any investor makes before buying any share)
    to illustrate we really need to ask those with a large divi ,what the state of their portfolio is in that share,post divi-(is it farther in the red?(or less in the black)
    I would imagine in this case there is going to be some of the divi that is clear so in that sense the risk payed off--but to spend it all,you ,imo are spending some of that ''red arrow'' dosh.Maybe the SP will increase and make up for it ,and maybe it wont ..just trying to keep it real when deciding whether to buy strictly for the divis---This is not meant to spoil the party,so carry on.

Banned

Skid there's more than one big picture depending on how you view the artwork. PS-SP back over $2 very soon.
    Last edited by couta1; 20-09-2016 at 08:44 AM.

Interested to know where you are going to plonk the nice juicy divy Couta ?, back in AIR or spread a bit ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Interested to know where you are going to plonk the nice juicy divy Couta ?, back in AIR or spread a bit ?
    Spread a bit as I already bought more Air at $2 the day it went Ex.

I have just put halve of mine in Spark. They go XD in 2 days, so hope they have a quicker recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Actually workingdad shouted me a lovely breakfast in Q/town yesterday morning (Many Thanks and great to catch up with you) all the divvy is going back into the market today, I guess you could call that a splurge.
    Was great to meet you and I trust the skiing went well afterwards, looked to be a cracker of a day as we headed past Shotover was a good blast (both times haha) and a quick run out to Wanaka before heading home - hope those rental cars don't have GPS, needed a prompt drive back to make check in.

AIR flight to Auckland full as far as I could tell.

Time to look at the bank balance with the divvy paid out and think about what to do, reinvest AIR or other...... Appears AIR SP settling down a bit and perhaps some reinvesting from holders today could give it a boost.

Guru

Skid there's more than one big picture depending on how you view the artwork. PS-SP back over $2 very soon.
    I believe you are talking about what you think the ''share performance'' will be,rather than whether your rather large dividend is all free money....as to the former ,you may be right ..or wrong.....all Im saying is you may have to throw some of that divi back in to get those red arrows more in line to where they were, pre Dividend (as things stand atm)
    Each has their own risk appetite,and you have had a few houdini acts before ,so who knows where this will go?
    As to new investors,your investing situation has become a recurring theme, so its only fair that someone pulls in the reigns occasionally.
    No offense..by all accounts you are a gentleman.

(you may have passed my daughter on the slopes. She lives and works there.
    Last edited by skid; 20-09-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Guru

Is it me or is the AirNZ website not functioning properly. Trying to book a trip to HoChiMin City (vietnam) in July and its telling me I have to go via Singapore or HK. I thought they flew direct from June to October? Might have to give them a call and see what the problem is.

Guru

Just you - they fly direct but not every day.
    Via Singapore at 12:50am will save you $228 outward though.

Hey winner as an aside, have you booked your Guns N Roses tickets yet?old Slash has to be up there as one of the best guitarists aye, we won't need to fly Air to Auckland for this one.
    Couts - got my Springsteen tickets for Chch sorted

And even scored some $59 AIR flights to Chch for that afternoon

Thought AIR would have been on to that and made the cheap flights mysteriously disappear for that day to 'maximise shareholder returns'

Bit disappointed in that as a share holder
    Last edited by winner69; 21-09-2016 at 08:34 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”