sharetrader
Page 891 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 39179184188188788888989089189289389489590194199113911891 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,910 of 20180

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Just you - they fly direct but not every day.
    Via Singapore at 12:50am will save you $228 outward though.
    Thanks dobby41, I will have to try again and see what the issue is. Cheers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Thanks dobby41, I will have to try again and see what the issue is. Cheers.

With the B767 leaving the fleet in March the direct services have probably ceased for the time being. At least the timetable would indicate that.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/sche...NZ&language=EN

air turning into the dividend strip flop, buyers who brought straight after ex date expecting a bounce losing plenty now
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    air turning into the dividend strip flop, buyers who brought straight after ex date expecting a bounce losing plenty now
    Typical short term thinking post, you only lose if you sell.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Typical short term thinking post, you only lose if you sell.
    Couta for the benefit of newbies , less sophisticated investors , retail investors etc there is a lot wrong with what you have said .
    I think Peter Lynch sums it up in one of his excellent books , I can't quite remember the quote.
    But along the lines if you purchased Xero @ $ 40.00 and it now trades at $ 20 , you Have a loss, doesn't matter if it is unrealised , or you haven't sold you absolutely have a loss.
    It is the wrong mentality to think I haven't lost as I haven't sold . You have eroded your investing capital . Not to mention the opportunity cost of waiting for the day the share price goes back to $ 40.00.
    Imaging if you were long Nokia or Kodak , it was half the price and you were waiting ......... the wait ended up costing you 100 % of your money .....RAK is a good example think of all the people long over $ 5.00
    listening to excuses , excuses from the company ......all the way down to 20 cents . Try telling me you don't have a loss ? Couta do you really think they are going back to $ 5.00 ?

1.90 might not hold today...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Couta for the benefit of newbies , less sophisticated investors , retail investors etc there is a lot wrong with what you have said .
    I think Peter Lynch sums it up in one of his excellent books , I can't quite remember the quote.
    But along the lines if you purchased Xero @ $ 40.00 and it now trades at $ 20 , you Have a loss, doesn't matter if it is unrealised , or you haven't sold you absolutely have a loss.
    It is the wrong mentality to think I haven't lost as I haven't sold . You have eroded your investing capital . Not to mention the opportunity cost of waiting for the day the share price goes back to $ 40.00.
    Imaging if you were long Nokia or Kodak , it was half the price and you were waiting ......... the wait ended up costing you 100 % of your money .....RAK is a good example think of all the people long over $ 5.00
    listening to excuses , excuses from the company ......all the way down to 20 cents . Try telling me you don't have a loss ? Couta do you really think they are going back to $ 5.00 ?
    Your allowed your opinion,but I think your drawing a long bow by using stocks like Xro and RAK as comparisons. Firstly neither of those stocks are blue chip divvy paying stocks, neither have a majority Govt ownership and neither have been around anywhere near the time Air has, I wouldn't even compare RAK to Xro, its a complete dog that should have been put out of its misery years ago. Waiting if your long doesn't cost you any lost opportunities as long as this divvy machine keeps pumping them out at around the 20c a year rate its capable of doing. I could say more but will leave it at that for now.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Your allowed your opinion,but I think your drawing a long bow by using stocks like Xro and RAK as comparisons. Firstly neither of those stocks are blue chip divvy paying stocks, neither have a majority Govt ownership and neither have been around anywhere near the time Air has, I wouldn't even compare RAK to Xro, its a complete dog that should have been put out of its misery years ago. Waiting if your long doesn't cost you any lost opportunities as long as this divvy machine keeps pumping them out at around the 20c a year rate its capable of doing. I could say more but will leave it at that for now.
    Couta you missed something there , Nokia and Kodak were "Blue Chip" Both the biggest companies in their field in their day ....
    Also remind us again why the Govt has a majority stake in Air NZ ....
    My motivation for the post is to make novice investors etc aware of the risks of this sort of strategy . A lot of people logged in here don't contribute , let alone the people that are just watching not even signed up .......
    Last edited by stoploss; 21-09-2016 at 12:39 PM. Reason: add more .

Couta you missed something there , Nokia and Kodak were "Blue Chip" Both the biggest companies in their field in their day ....
    Both Nokia and Kodak faced new technology disrupting their business model (both were also too slow to adapt to the change). Question: does AirNZ face similar challenges?

Dis don't hold

Banned

Also remind us again why the Govt has a majority stake in Air NZ ....
    My motivation for the post is to make novice investors etc aware of the risks of this sort of strategy . A lot of people logged in here don't contribute , let alone the people that are just watching not even signed up .......
    Fare enough but I know little about those companies and their divvy paying record, all I know is I'm happy to hold my XOS Air holding and to collect the excellent divvies over the coming years.PS-My advice to newbies is Never Panic Sell and that is an area I have learnt many hard lessons in.