sharetrader
Page 896 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 39679684688689289389489589689789889990090694699613961896 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,960 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Here you go, a Monthy chart. Sometimes it helps to step back and look at the long term, this is the monthly chart. It's not really all that encouraging is it? To me it looks like 1.80 - 1.75 is pretty good support but who knows what will happen below that. Probably nothing to do with AIR fundamentals, more about SP risk reward at this stage.

Attachment 8321
    I'm sorry, but this chart (and your interpretation of it) is totally flawed/misleading because it isn't adjusted for the massive dividend just received by all holders. I really hope people don't make TA decisions by putting silly lines on unadjusted charts like this. I mean, really!

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Couta, please reconsider.

As somebody who is still learning, I enjoy reading ALL the posts here (well ... most ), and learning the different approaches that people take to investing. You took some time a while ago to explain to me some of the methods you use which I greatly appreciated. One of the big learnings I am taking from this forum is that there are multiple different approaches which can be utilised, and one size does not necessarily fit all.

You will be a big loss to this forum.
    I'm a bit grumpy about this....

Rather than appeal to Couta to reconsider, I suspect we should be asking the Moderator to reconsider his/her actions.

In the last year we have seen good posters like Roger, Moosie, and now Couta all reprimanded and possibly lost to this forum. This is v sad as this is a great place to share ideas. IMHO we need all posters. If we as readers take offence at any individual postings, then it is a simple matter for us to choose either to ignore or to 'not to follow' certain posters.

Sssooo Mr/Ms Moderator - please let democracy on this forum run and let us forum readers choose for ourselves who to follow. Please do not choose/decide for us who we can follow.

Likewise the practice of deleting all past posts by certain people is hardly helpful. We need full transparency and access to what has been said in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

Rather than appeal to Couta to reconsider, I suspect we should be asking the Moderator to reconsider his/her actions.

In the last year we have seen good posters like Roger, Moosie, and now Couta all reprimanded and possibly lost to this forum. This is v sad as this is a great place to share ideas. IMHO we need all posters. If we as readers take offence at any individual postings, then it is a simple matter for us to choose either to ignore or to 'not to follow' certain posters.

Sssooo Mr/Ms Moderator - please let democracy on this forum run and let us forum readers choose for ourselves who to follow. Please do not choose/decide for us who we can follow.

Likewise the practice of deleting all past posts by certain people is hardly helpful. We need full transparency and access to what has been said in the past.
    Hear, hear. All big kids here.

Some insightful comments come on the forum, some I agree with, some I disagree with but great to see people speak their minds.

Anyway, some volume going through this morning. Potential rally for the share price mimicking the US' reaction to the the fed interest rates decision.

Guru

Great post. Agree totally. I do not agree with all posters, but that does not stop me coming here. A bit of disagreement is good. I know Roger and think he is a good guy. But I disagree with him on his views on AIR. That is not a problem. Transparency is important too and posters in my opinion should be able to speak their mind to make this place vibrant and interesting.

Guru

A very good post and I hope the moderator takes note.

Im suprised you havnt been banned and had this post deleted, lol

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
    I'm sorry, but this chart (and your interpretation of it) is totally flawed/misleading because it isn't adjusted for the massive dividend just received by all holders. I really hope people don't make TA decisions by putting silly lines on unadjusted charts like this. I mean, really!
    Thanks for the feedback, which is the same as you have said before, however I disagree. Your assertion fails to acknowledge that some people are only interested in the share price, for example a new buyer, a capital sensitive investor, a share trader. It is misleading to suggest that charting the capital price of a share is "totally flawed", try telling that to the millions of technical analysts that use dividend adjusted (removed) price data and charts. But I think we get it - that your preference would be for a gross price dividends included, reflecting your own investment strategy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, which is the same as you have said before, however I disagree. Your assertion fails to acknowledge that some people are only interested in the share price, for example a new buyer, a capital sensitive investor, a share trader. It is misleading to suggest that charting the capital price of a share is "totally flawed", try telling that to the millions of technical analysts that use dividend adjusted (removed) price data and charts. But I think we get it - that your preference would be for a gross price dividends included, reflecting your own investment strategy.
    So, how do you interpret the 35c drop caused by the dividend, which shows as a massive negative red candle? The chart gives the impression of a very bad turn of events, which is clearly misleading. But yeah, you keep doing what you do. TA can certainly be useful when done properly, which your chart is not (IMHO).

IMO

How about you put your chart up old guy and contribute ;id like to see it. I get the feeling you don't value T/A at all and are strictly F/A.?.T/A is a really important tool for helping one know when to pull the trigger to buy or to bail out of a stock to preserve ones capital. I look forward to your contribution. Its a 10 year chart which shows the cyclic nature of AIR very well. Im watching the T/A closely atp. Silly? Or not understanding?

Membaa

So, how do you interpret the 35c drop caused by the dividend, which shows as a massive negative red candle? The chart gives the impression of a very bad turn of events, which is clearly misleading. But yeah, you keep doing what you do. TA can certainly be useful when done properly, which your chart is not (IMHO).
    Happy to continue this on the TA thread http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...ries-and-exits