sharetrader
Page 898 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 39879884888889489589689789889990090190290894899813981898 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 8,980 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    This time it's not the MODS deleting stuff, it's me! Some quite unnecessary posts that incite fighting. Lots of very good posters on this thread with good information, who keep it on topic and don't have a go at other posters and don't get dragged into others playground squabbles.

Vince
    Love your work Vince

The approachable Admin Guy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes percy, it is difficult job and maybe just as hard to be consistent in their moderating

Surprised that that rather offensive (iMHO) post of Birmanboys about you a few weeks ago on this thread is still there - but maybe I don't get some things and you unlike me thought it humorous ..... and then I'm not STMOD
    Which post? I would be interested to see.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Which post? I would be interested to see.
    Vince.
    Don't go looking for it.
    I took as I am sure Birmanboy meant it.In fun.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    To get back on track - the AIR share price

I get the feeling that as buyers and sellers argue amongst themselves we will see a moderate rise in the AIR share price today
    A moderate rise, at which point I jumped in moderately, so I should have known it would be followed by a moderate fall.

Ah well, I'm continuing to steadily drive my average price down ... let's see what we finish at.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    This is a recurring problem but good to bear in mind that this is NOT our forum..its a forum that we are allowed to read and post on, at no cost, so when it gets right down to what we can or cannot post its always going to be subject to the sites owners and moderators opinions. Regardless of what we think of the decisions and whether we believe they are justified or not. I don't have a problem with that..if I don't like it, I can take a hike or simply stop reading or posting. Rather than complaining about the moderators maybe we should just accept that it is their site to do what they want with and get on with it. Or if you feel strongly enough, go somewhere else , or perhaps start your own forum. Problem is of course is that there will be the same issues just transferred to a different location. I do however feel that some clarification/simplification of the rules would reduce friction. Frustration is always the result of what people feel are "shifting goalposts". Keep it simple so everyone knows and understands what is acceptable. One rule to rule them all. NO ABUSE (of any kind), NO HIGHLIGHTING SOMEONES ELSE'S MISTAKES. (OK that's two rules) Any criticism must be depersonalized and kept as an intellectual criticism of theory and or timing. It seems to me that these are the causes of a majority of the blow-ups that have previously occurred. If these rules (or whatever rules are or were decided upon) were displayed prominently and required signing up to prior to membership, then disputes would reduce. Present members should be also asked to sign up to this. Thereby setting a base for behaviour guidelines and also providing a rationale for any disciplinary actions by moderators. However at the end we are just visitors to someone else's premises so what they decide is up to them.
    Im not so sure I agree with your second point as long as its not personal abuse----If someone borrows money or bets the farm on a share,and it blows up in their face..dont you think its a good thing to take into account? It can help with ones future investment decisions,if for no other reason than how cavalier you are going to get with your decisions.
    Thats how we learn,from our (or even someone else's) mistakes(as long as we dont taint their character in the process)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
    All good. My point was that Baa Baa seems a pretty keen TAer, but the chart that he posted was totally unhelpful for any type of TA. Without adjusting the SP to reflect dividend payments, TA incorrectly detects a massive drop and incorrectly interprets that as a bad sign, when the opposite is actually the case. That's why any proper TA analysis should work with adjusted prices (IMHO)
    I believe Hoop has posted an adjusted chart on the TA thread--I was thinking like you at first but by adjusting the chart you are assuming that the divi is ''free''which is not always the case.Its a hard one because the value of the company has been reduced by the amount of the dividend so shouldnt that be reflected in the SP,but then again its not a result of mass selling-----Most of the time its far simpler to just disregard as the dividends are a much lower%

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Im not so sure I agree with your second point as long as its not personal abuse----If someone borrows money or bets the farm on a share,and it blows up in their face..dont you think its a good thing to take into account? It can help with ones future investment decisions,if for no other reason than how cavalier you are going to get with your decisions.
    Thats how we learn,from our (or even someone else's) mistakes(as long as we dont taint their character in the process)
    We learn more from plane crashes than safe landings so long as there is an impartial investigation with all of the evidence - and everyone has a vested interest in avoiding another one. BTW I quite enjoyed the movie, Sully - although the characterisation of the NTSB is unfortunate but I can see why they wanted to create drama and tension.

Not a good day for AIR all things considered.

I will no doubt be considered mad by some but I will be doubling down on AIR at some stage in the next wee while, its just too cheap to pass up on and when I think it is bottoming out will be throwing more money in.

Keeping an eye on monthly stats as a good indicator of how the competition is effecting them but feel comfortable that looking through the cycle they will maintain a better yield than most similar SP companies out there.

Wish me luck

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Not a good day for AIR all things considered.

I will no doubt be considered mad by some but I will be doubling down on AIR at some stage in the next wee while, its just too cheap to pass up on and when I think it is bottoming out will be throwing more money in.

Keeping an eye on monthly stats as a good indicator of how the competition is effecting them but feel comfortable that looking through the cycle they will maintain a better yield than most similar SP companies out there.

Wish me luck
    Two hours on the AIR thread and no answers, go figure! No TA would buy into this down trend, who knows how long it might go on for, or who has the resources and book profits to keep on selling at market? Maybe check out the TA thread, or some comments here about price supports. Not saying your strategy is flawed, just suggesting there are more obvious buy in opportunities if the price drifts lower depending on risk tolerance, right now it is in limbo land and a severe down trend, for new capital entry. Patience could be your friend, while at the moment the AIR price is sagging and in between any clear price support.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
    not a particularly compelling reply, but not unexpected either.
    I'm not going to clog the AIR thread with off topic discussion whether TA is valid, or is not. Come over to the TA thread and show us your analysis on the dividend included chart, I'm sure you will be welcomed there. I have continued the discussion re dividend adjusted charts, or not, so feel free to join in with your thoughts and analysis.