sharetrader
Page 900 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 400800850890896897898899900901902903904910950100014001900 ... LastLast
Results 8,991 to 9,000 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

If todays volumes are anything to go buy it doesn't appear sellers are rushing for the door, Friday afternoons can be telling for AIR so be interesting to see how it goes before close.

Its only one day but the volume is a lot lower than it has been and perhaps the sell off is starting to run out of steam.

I'm not rushing back in so wont be jumping on it today but I am looking closely for an opportune moment when things have settled.

I think they can maintain a decent profit and divvy looking longer term, NZ is just too immigrant based and tourism boom that I don't see changing without some sort of global event, even with the dollar so high we have them coming here in the droves.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    If todays volumes are anything to go buy it doesn't appear sellers are rushing for the door, Friday afternoons can be telling for AIR so be interesting to see how it goes before close.

Its only one day but the volume is a lot lower than it has been and perhaps the sell off is starting to run out of steam.

I'm not rushing back in so wont be jumping on it today but I am looking closely for an opportune moment when things have settled.

I think they can maintain a decent profit and divvy looking longer term, NZ is just too immigrant based and tourism boom that I don't see changing without some sort of global event, even with the dollar so high we have them coming here in the droves.
    Looks like its race to bottom who gets first, sellers keep popping with lower offers...

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Looks like its race to bottom who gets first, sellers keep popping with lower offers...
    I am mixed, the lower it goes the cheaper I get to buy more but now the ones I have are in the red its an episode in frustration.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    I am mixed, the lower it goes the cheaper I get to buy more but now the ones I have are in the red its an episode in frustration.
    Yes yes classic catch 22 situation, isn't it...I for one content with what I've and will leave it there for a while. For me the next key catalyst is the ASM end of this month.

Yes yes classic catch 22 situation, isn't it...I for one content with what I've and will leave it there for a while. For me the next key catalyst is the ASM end of this month.
    Yep, looking forward to an update myself, I have a bit of room for more, after catching the knife a few times on the way down my confidence in the SP holding wasn't exactly without concern so when I was buying and selling heavily in the few weeks leading up to EOY I ended up clawing a fair chuck back and left myself with about a third of what I used to have. Did well out of AIR a few times when it was flirting with $3 so all in all not in a bad way with them but I did change strategy to hold some for a few years looking forward, mostly on faith in management to execute a good response to competition and thoughts on oil prices staying subdued for a while to come.

Catch 22: You can leave the army if you are mad, but if you want to leave the army you can't be mad. Something like that wasn't it. Good book. Does it apply here though?

Air NZ is a drag but ANZ and BHP have just hit six monthly highs and WHS has delivered a great. There's usually something positive happening elsewhere in my portfolio to perk me up.

I reinvested my AIR dividend in Chorus.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb A Thought for the day

In the rush for the emergency exits back in May the share price got down to $2.02.

Subtract the $0.35 of dividends in your bank account and add back in $0.11 of profits since that day and you would get:

$1.78

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Catch 22: You can leave the army if you are mad, but if you want to leave the army you can't be mad. Something like that wasn't it. Good book. Does it apply here though?
    Close. You can be grounded (and not have to fly air missions) if you are crazy, but you also have to ask to be grounded. If you ask to be grounded, you demonstrate you are rational enough to care about your safety then you cannot be said to be crazy.

It's the best catch there is.

[Got in Pre div and holding]

1.74 im thinking adjusted div lows
    one step ahead of the herd