sharetrader
Page 906 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 406806856896902903904905906907908909910916956100614061906 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,060 of 20179

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

AIR has a mind of its own, it could go anywhere. Bloody rollercoaster has driven me insane with this stock.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    AIR has a mind of its own, it could go anywhere. Bloody rollercoaster has driven me insane with this stock.
    Don't worry, we are all on the same plane, just hit a bit of an air pocket. I think a little sp rise before AGM could happen. If everyone settled down and stopped selling then the sp could go back up to 2.40 early next year pre 10c div time, then you will be 60c better off not including div. Remember next year is only 14 weeks away.

I sold out at $3.020 back at the highs, thought I'd be smart and catch the knife at $2.70.. Actually makes me laugh typing this ha. But hey it's part of the game, live and learn. Done well in other stocks... Planning to ride this out.. I think.

But yes, agreed. We'll see next year.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    More like 33% over two weeks.
    lol, i meant 3% a day for two weeks
    Last edited by ohpark0119; 26-09-2016 at 02:50 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I sold out at $3.020 back at the highs, thought I'd be smart and catch the knife at $2.70.. Actually makes me laugh typing this ha. But hey it's part of the game, live and learn. Done well in other stocks... Planning to ride this out.. I think.

But yes, agreed. We'll see next year.
    LOL I bought AIR in the 80c to 90c in 2012 and sold at $1.30's and bought into snk which bogged me down for a few months and missed out on the AIR run up to $3, but that's the market.
    Last edited by see weed; 26-09-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    No question about that ... this is exactly what cyclical stocks are about. They go up and down and up and down again. I don't think anybody suggested that the current downtrend is the end of the world for AIR - it was more about whether it is wise to hold (or accumulate) a cyclical stock in the early (or medium) phases of a downtrend. Obviously - we might disagree on whether this is the start or already the end of the downtrend, but picking bottoms is something wiser people than me are getting wrong, so I better not attempt this discipline ...

So yes, everybody relax ... AIR is highly likely to go up again at some stage. The question is just when, and ... when it does ... wouldn't it have made more sense to own the same AIR shares bought cheap instead of still holding them purchased dear?

Shares are a bit like seats in a plane. You can pay lots for an AIR flight from CHC to AKL, or you can pay less for the same seat in the same plane on the same flight (if you get the timing right). Both seats will get you at the same time and with the same comfort (or lack thereof) to your destination. I personally prefer to buy them when they are on special (and - back to shares enjoy the same dividend than the people who paid lots), but this is just me.
    Hard to argue with the veracity and logic of this post BP

More like 33% over two weeks.
    edited post --> 3% a day over two weeks

Guru

I notice buyers starting to come back. Don't forget AGM this Friday.Get in now at these lower prices before all the positive news on Friday. The quick and the dead here. Come on couta and Roger time to av down.
    But wait theres more -- Buy shares now and get a free set of AIR steak knives--

PS-Tell Coutts --thanx for letting us know--should we do the same
    Last edited by skid; 26-09-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Nature sends us signals in many ways and Fibonacci told us about his golden numbers

Jeez 178 was a 61.8% retracement level (from 2011 lows to high 326 earlier this year) - often said to be reasonable support targets or turning points

Fox - based on Fibonacci things we'll get back to at least 236 ..or maybe 326 sometime. Cant firget that AIR trades in multi-year cycles.
    nature has sent us a singals - just we all interpret them differently - what is AIR's N.T.A per share these days???

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    nature has sent us a singals - just we all interpret them differently - what is AIR's N.T.A per share these days???
    You know

QAN trades at 2.6 times NTA

What would AIR trade at on those multiples????
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”