sharetrader
Page 909 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 409809859899905906907908909910911912913919959100914091909 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,090 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Definitely turning Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    In the rush for the emergency exits back in May the share price got down to $2.02.

Subtract the $0.35 of dividends in your bank account and add back in $0.11 of profits since that day and you would get:

$1.78

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Given that I hardly ever play the pick the [bottom] price game this turned out to be prophetic rather than pathetic.

Nice to see some happy AIR posters .

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Hey skid and Blackpeter - AIR's share price is on a roll

It's going great guns the last few days

Seeing you both talked it all the way down I take it you both now buying on the quiet eh ....and making big bucks

How long you reckon before back to 220
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

dow jones transports showing possible turn upside and the airlines are beneficiaries of this so we good be getting offshore folk buying up
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

What say all the TAers and their unadjusted price charts? What doom and gloom were they predicting last week??

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Seeing you both talked it all the way down I take it you both now buying on the quiet eh ....and making big bucks

I never talked AIR down ... I just happened to predict (quite accurately I might say) the share price movement before (and after) going ex-dividend.

I never said as well that it will stay down forever - did I?

Maybe you should save your glee for an occasion where you can prove me wrong, otherwise you might run out of it ...

Having said that - in my books the downtrend is still intact (SP well below MA50 and MA200), even if you adjust for the dividend. History will tell us, whether the current blib is just a dead cat bounce or a trend change.

Great time for traders, though (if you get the timing right) ... but that's not what I am doing.

Re 220 - no idea whether the SP will reach these lofty hights again. However - in the mid to long term would I still think that a continuation of the downtrend for another couple of years is more likely than a confirmed uptrend. Sure - a great summer season and / or the lions tour might keep the SP up for a while, but both won't stay around for ever.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Ha ha--(you are a stirrer indeed W-69) We may see some of the ole hands back soon--and so we should.

If your asking if Im now a supporter of dominating your portfolio with one share ,well you know the answer to that.

TTG-I have no idea if you really heard that, or whether stewardess are privy to that info ,but if it happens to be wrong some are going to be upset (and if true AIR could be in a spot of trouble?)

Still,they are on a roll and its all about results now---(I never argue with Mr Market---I was surprised when they didnt bounce when outside markets did though. Perhaps NZX was just in a bad mood at the time)

the answer to your question is the same as when you asked before about how far down

buy quietly? Nah to much uncertainty in markets in general--Ill leave that to you young bucks-Its not paramount that i take risks at this stage--Party on!.... but

(Id pay close attention to whether Trump is getting the upper hand(markets like Hillary),and the odds of Janet raising rates)---no one has a crystal ball,the best we can do is pay attention to those things that cause change......Well,maybe domestic stewardesses as well...
    Last edited by skid; 28-09-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Advanced Member

"TTG-I have no idea if you really heard that, or whether stewardess are privy to that info ,but if it happens to be wrong some are going to be upset (and if true AIR could be in a spot of trouble?)"

Not stewardesses but maybe senior pilots ....

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    "TTG-I have no idea if you really heard that, or whether stewardess are privy to that info ,but if it happens to be wrong some are going to be upset (and if true AIR could be in a spot of trouble?)"

Not stewardesses but maybe senior pilots ....
    I very much doubt even senior pilots are privy to that information.
    Even so, 3-months to go until half year so i'm taking that comment with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I very much doubt even senior pilots are privy to that information.
    Even so, 3-months to go until half year so i'm taking that comment with a grain of salt.
    Usually give some guidance for half year at the ASM

Like ....'we are pleased how the first quarter has gone and forecast first half profit before tax will be in excess of $300m' ....or something like that

If Chris said $300m the share price would take off big time
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Is Blendy booked to report on this one

Usually give some guidance for half year at the ASM

Like ....'we are pleased how the first quarter has gone and forecast first half profit before tax will be in excess of $300m' ....or something like that

If Chris said $300m the share price would take off big time
    By now they will have a pretty good idea of where the half year will be, a good number of seats will be sold and the costs are reasonably well know.

But of course, assuming that we get an half year guidance the interest will be in whether we get a revision to that full year estimated range and any other comments.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum