sharetrader
Page 912 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 412812862902908909910911912913914915916922962101214121912 ... LastLast
Results 9,111 to 9,120 of 20182

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I'm not sure I've learned anything from the presentation that wasn't already available. Well done to Air NZ for providing opportunity to attend online, I hope more NZ companies follow.

It was nice to hear a bit from the directors and get an idea of their diversity.

And now they're raising funds with a 75M bond offer . such irrational behaviour.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    And now they're raising funds with a 75M bond offer . such irrational behaviour.
    Half right. They are also repaying a bond due in November and that is 150M. So a net reduction.
    Last edited by 777; 30-09-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    Well done to Air NZ for providing opportunity to attend online, I hope more NZ companies follow.
    Totally agree - I think that they have done it well. With the technology provided by Link Market Services the opportunity exists for other companies but it must come at a cost that probably only makes sense for the larger companies.

Please explain how that is irrational?
    Cheap money in the NZ market at the moment, why wouldn't you want to raise debt at these levels?

What do you mean? they have $150m of bonds to be repaid shortly

the special div is what I mean, why would you pay out with one hand , and ask to borrow with the other..... the dividend money would have been their cheapest source of financing wouldn't it? cheaper even than current mkt rates.

so are we not seeing that their majority shareholder (the govt) is influencing their financing strategy. I guess that's okay (or maybe not - shouldn't the directors be making these decisions for the benefit of the company itself) but seems a bit silly to me , form your own opinions of course.
    Last edited by peat; 30-09-2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: directors not independent??

the special div is what I mean, why would you pay out with one hand , and ask to borrow with the other..... the dividend money would have been their cheapest source of financing wouldn't it? cheaper even than current mkt rates.

so are we not seeing that their majority shareholder (the govt) is influencing their financing strategy. I guess that's okay (or maybe not - shouldn't the directors be making these decisions for the benefit of the company itself) but seems a bit silly to me , form your own opinions of course.
    Well, yes ... of course is the majority shareholder influencing the financing strategy. It is ultimately them picking (or firing) the directors. Remember: never bite the hand which feeds you ... I suppose that the AIR board is well aware of this saying.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    $400 to $600m from the Chairman.

... Not as good as this year but will [still] be one of the best results in AIR's history (Chris).
    Haven't followed the AGM (not a share holder) - but just looking at the market reaction it appears the markets have not been overwhelmed. Down 2.5 cents.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Haven't followed the AGM (not a share holder) - but just looking at the market reaction it appears the markets have not been overwhelmed. Down 2.5 cents.
    IMO there are probably bigger issues depressing things in the wider financial markets at the moment.