sharetrader
Page 935 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 435835885925931932933934935936937938939945985103514351935 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,350 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Well well, the Chief Revenue guy has cashed in his chips

Was he worried about getting a lot less in a month or so .....or just he putting a new deck on his mansion (building costs going up you know)
    He cashed in 166k shares leaving him with 203k so probably keeping the rest for when the SP gets back to $3. Whilst I find it very annoying to see these guys selling down, I reckon their sales have only had a tiny influence on the current SP. The Govt own over 50% of the shares and they are having no influence on the SP, retail holders don't hold enough shares to cause any prolonged or sustained SP drop. That only leaves the Instos both NZ and international to drive the price down, these are the guys who have driven the price to where it now sits and some of these guys hold huge numbers of shares, with some of the Macro events around the traps currently who knows when they will take the pedal off the gas. We can only sit and watch(Or buy more if your see weed)

Quote Originally Posted by cdonald View Post
    book yourself a holiday somewhere nice and pretend you were paying 2015 airfares. Its one way of feeling better about the capital loss.
    current pricing seems to have gone up for overseas holidays on grab a seat lately?
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    , I reckon their sales have only had a tiny influence on the current SP. The Govt own over 50% of the shares and they are having no influence on the SP, )
    Its the perception by some investors that is important here. As insiders like the Chief Revenue guy knows more about what is happening with the company/industry than us plebs. So for some investor's they see insiders selling as a time to sell. The reverse is true too.

Membaa

He cashed in 166k shares leaving him with 203k so probably keeping the rest for when the SP gets back to $3. Whilst I find it very annoying to see these guys selling down, I reckon their sales have only had a tiny influence on the current SP. [snip]
    It plays on the psychological state of mind of retail investors. Like a cork in the ocean, bobbing around in a hapless state of ineffectual confusion. Every day this looks more and more like a Shakespeare play.

Advanced Member

He cashed in 166k shares leaving him with 203k so probably keeping the rest for when the SP gets back to $3. Whilst I find it very annoying to see these guys selling down, I reckon their sales have only had a tiny influence on the current SP. The Govt own over 50% of the shares and they are having no influence on the SP, retail holders don't hold enough shares to cause any prolonged or sustained SP drop. That only leaves the Instos both NZ and international to drive the price down, these are the guys who have driven the price to where it now sits and some of these guys hold huge numbers of shares, with some of the Macro events around the traps currently who knows when they will take the pedal off the gas. We can only sit and watch(Or buy more if your see weed)
    Air NZ should look at their remuneration policy if the staff are only going to turn around and dump the shares ASAP . Why not just pay them a bit more cash if they don't want to be invested in the company for the long term .

Hey baabaa, a question

The third Fibonacci ratio is .236 (or .764)

Do these have any significance (or even used) in TA?

If they a 76.4% retracement is at 140

And if it continues it's downside spiral Fibonacci would say 119 is important
    Last edited by winner69; 13-10-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey baabaa, a question

The third Fibonacci ratio is .236 (or .764)

Do these have any significance (or even used) in TA?

If they a 76.4% retracement is at 140

And if it continues it's downside spiral Fibonacci would say 119 is important
    There is debate on whether the Fib 76.4% or 78.6% is best, I think they are so close it doesn't make a lot of difference, and they turn up in Forex trading more than share trading. Nevertheless I use 78.6% on my charts and that is at 1.40 as far as my system goes (I chose the Aug 31 2012 spike low as the beginning of the measure). It's pretty close to the Sept 2013 close 1.35, but in between is the Mar 29 2013 high 1.54 which was hit 5 times before breakout on Oct 25 2013.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 13-10-2016 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Edit: Daily charts basis. No dividends included, which may irk some ;)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I keep waiting for you to run out of money SW----PS that little wink reminds me of the old DIL threadbefore Moosies long walk
    The thing about Moosies long walk is if he hadnt of decided to sell his DiL for a loss but held, he would have done very well.(Same goes for myself in regard to my large Chorus loss) however my large Chorus loss would be small in comparison to selling my Air holding atm, hence even a walk across the Aussie desert would be too short for me to consider such an option.

It is very disappointing to see management selling at these depressed level's. The whole scheme is excessive in my opinion. When I last looked at it there were over 40m shares outstanding under executive incentive schemes, the original one and the new updated version.

As I have pointed out to Tony Carter in the frank discussion I had with him earlier this year this is over 8% of the free market float of the company, (excluding Govt stake), so management selling will indeed have an impact on the SP because its a) usually material in the context of the days volume and b) sends the wrong signal to the market. Its perhaps worth noting that he has been buying in modest volume lately.

I will not buy when management are selling and haven't been buying in recent weeks. I won't be a counter party to them using their extremely generous incentive scheme as an ATM machine.

My estimated / projected amended NTA after the VAH sale is $1.55 as at 31 October 2016. AIR have on occasion bought shares back when it goes under NTA. Whether this is allowable within the present version of the constitution I haven't checked. We might as well use NTA as some sort of reference point now that we're not that far away from it.

History shows buying under NTA has proved to be a sound investment in the long run.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-10-2016 at 09:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

@Roger, interesting that your NTA projection is smack on a support line (daily chart basis, dividends excluded). Whether or not shareholders buy in to any of our FA or TA prognosis or possibilities, those AIR senior management seem hell bent on scalping their own personal profits, perhaps even forecasting another leg down to the 1.50's. Hard to ignore, it seems like prophecy almost.