sharetrader
Page 937 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 437837887927933934935936937938939940941947987103714371937 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,370 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Absolutely agree that executives cashing in their shares as soon as they get them is a disgrace. On the other hand - they would say that they are just clever - wouldn't they? Makes sense to sell a dropping stock.

However - re IRD ... I am quite sure that they need to pay tax for getting these shares in the first place.
    Yes,personally Id be surprised if tax is an issue--sounds like more of a ''policy'' thing---One would think it would be more of a short term blip unless they have so many they are going to sell over a period.
    So once they are gone,all being well,it should remedy(sp) If it doesnt then Market sentiment could be an issue. (reasonable assumption?)

Meanwhile ,I have'nt checked ---what is the new normal??
    Last edited by skid; 14-10-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Third wave down bottoming out?

I sort of ignored all my usual precautions and just bought a small parcel.

My excuses?

I enjoyed on Tuesday a great presentation from Tony Carter in Christchurch, organised by the NZSA ... as advertised here: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post639524)
    and had afterwards as well the opportunity for some more questions. Feels like the stock is currently really undervalued (though this obviously does not mean that the SP needs to go up from here - markets can do anything at any time).

I assume if it works out than I earned some brownie points with Roger and Couta - and if it doesn't, than I have at least some reminder in my portfolio to keep watch AIR for the bend in the trend ...

DYOR - this is clearly not a save bet - yet!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    was consolidating at the lows between 1.76 - 1.80 on the hourlies when it broke thats why you got the big fall. 1.80 - 1.76 = 1.71 price projection.
    if your a good oil trader then you should catch the bounce in air.

Anyway gonna take me 2yrs now to get my capital loss back on this one since going ex div thats just to get back to square.
    as was saying yesterday was a technical crash thru consolidation flushed out the longs now up today back into its multi yr range lows like was saying was watching 1.74 and now we have 1.80 as resistance , see what happens

also as was saying air fares rising slowly you can check this out at bitre in Australia for statistics on this
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Here is a link to the committee that would overview the remuneration. I note there are short and long term targets . However the sharemarket being for long term so not sure if share options or entitlements come with short term goals ?
    https://p-airnz.com/cms/assets/NZ/PD...d-Aug-2014.pdf

https://p-airnz.com/cms/assets/PDFs/...ement-2016.pdf

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/board-committees

Jonathan Mason and Jan Dawson look like the ones that would deal with this .
    Putting out an APB for Roger , any interest in firing off a letter to either of these or people you have had previous contact with raising a concern , that this scheme should be part of a "long term " incentive package .
    The latest sell seems to be a relatively short timeframe ?

Cheers

S/L
    I think this is something best handled through the shareholders association if they decided to buy into the lengthy process of trying to bring about a change. I know Tony Carter cares about his reputation and the reputation in which the airline is held so I am not saying their is no hope but I have serious doubts any attempt to bring about change would be effectual.
    The share incentive scheme goes back an awful long way and is deeply embedded within the culture of the airline. Management and directors will probably argue that the scheme forms an integral component of their remuneration structure and its more appropriate to tie in rewards based on long term performance than an all cash remuneration policy.

Salaries look high to me overall but I am not in a good position to judge, (what would a suburban accountant know about remuneration at high level's within senior corporate structures. Not a lot). That said back testing Chris Luxon's base salary of ~ $1.5m this looks very modest compared to what CEO's at VAH and QAN are paid so there would appear to be a prima facie case to support managements contention that the incentive scheme is an integral part of their remuneration.

I guess we would not be so grumpy about it if the SP was $2.70 instead of $1.70 odd. I think trying to go up against this deeply imbedded incentive culture would be akin to beating one's head against a brick wall so its not a battle I will take on. Not happy with it but I am happy with management's performance, extricating themselves from VAH is a very good thing...having the courage to do so in the first place, is admirable.

I think they're well positioned to compete.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Its the perception by some investors that is important here. As insiders like the Chief Revenue guy knows more about what is happening with the company/industry than us plebs. So for some investor's they see insiders selling as a time to sell. The reverse is true too.
    I agree, I entertained buying in again however this news did make me pause.

AIR one of the stars of the NZX today, near top of leader board

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

I enjoyed on Tuesday a great presentation from Tony Carter in Christchurch, organised by the NZSA ... as advertised here: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...l=1#post639524)
    and had afterwards as well the opportunity for some more questions.
    100% agree with Mr Carter, I for one keep him in very high regard in current NZ corporate environment.

Third wave down bottoming out?

I sort of ignored all my usual precautions and just bought a small parcel.

My excuses?

and had afterwards as well the opportunity for some more questions. Feels like the stock is currently really undervalued (though this obviously does not mean that the SP needs to go up from here - markets can do anything at any time).

I assume if it works out than I earned some brownie points with Roger and Couta - and if it doesn't, than I have at least some reminder in my portfolio to keep watch AIR for the bend in the trend ...

DYOR - this is clearly not a save bet - yet!
    Okay... 1 brownie point ! I agree its undervalued but sentiment is poor and not helped by insiders selling so the only thing I will double down on at present is a good glass of Scotch this evening.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-10-2016 at 10:55 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    AIR one of the stars of the NZX today, near top of leader board

No worries
    With a 52wk trading range of $1.715-$3.26,star status is a galaxy away yet, you must be doing part time work for Tui mate.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I think this is something best handled through the shareholders association if they decided to buy into the lengthy process of trying to bring about a change. I know Tony Carter cares about his reputation and the reputation in which the airline is held so I am not saying their is no hope but I have serious doubts any attempt to bring about change would be effectual.
    The share incentive scheme goes back an awful long way and is deeply embedded within the culture of the airline. Management and directors will probably argue that the scheme forms an integral component of their remuneration structure and its more appropriate to tie in rewards based on long term performance than an all cash remuneration policy.

Salaries look high to me overall but I am not in a good position to judge, (what would a suburban accountant know about remuneration at high level's within senior corporate structures. Not a lot). That said back testing Chris Luxon's base salary of ~ $1.5m this looks very modest compared to what CEO's at VAH and QAN are paid so there would appear to be a prima facie case to support managements contention that the incentive scheme is an integral part of their remuneration.

I guess we would not be so grumpy about it if the SP was $2.70 instead of $1.70 odd. I think trying to go up against this deeply imbedded incentive culture would be akin to beating one's head against a brick wall so its not a battle I will take on. Not happy with it but I am happy with management's performance, extricating themselves from VAH is a very good thing...having the courage to do so in the first place, is admirable.

I think they're well positioned to compete.
    They are certainly not alone in doing this--lots of companies do it.It just hurts a bit more in a downtrend ,temporary or not.--Surly though it must have been designed to encourage management to be part of the company and to identify with it more than just ''working''for it...Anyway it appears to be short lived as long as they dont sideswipe the market again.

Agree it was good to extract themselves from VAH (but that disastrous move of quitting the board showed that he can make the odd serious mistake--Lets hope it was just a one off,in terms of letting emotions get in the way of smart thinking.--onward..