sharetrader
Page 938 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 438838888928934935936937938939940941942948988103814381938 ... LastLast
Results 9,371 to 9,380 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    With a 52wk trading range of $1.715-$3.26,star status is a galaxy away yet, you must be doing part time work for Tui mate.
    Who are you and what have you done with Couta?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with Couta?
    I'm suffering from grumpy bear syndrome today but off to work soon to help some less fortunate people than myself, that should fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    They are certainly not alone in doing this--lots of companies do it.It just hurts a bit more in a downtrend ,temporary or not.--Surly though it must have been designed to encourage management to be part of the company and to identify with it more than just ''working''for it...Anyway it appears to be short lived as long as they dont sideswipe the market again.

Agree it was good to extract themselves from VAH (but that disastrous move of quitting the board showed that he can make the odd serious mistake--Lets hope it was just a one off,in terms of letting emotions get in the way of smart thinking.--onward..
    I am curious, why do you think that was a disastrous mistake ? They got 33 cps for the initial tranche when the SP was much lower and recently sold the rest of 32 cps when again the SP is languishing in the low 20's, (last time I looked).
    He called out the CEO as being incompetent, (6 years in the top job and all they can do is make losses in the most favourable conditions for airlines in half a century in FY16). Either the business model of VAH is systemically flawed, the CEO is doing a very poor job, or both, (I think both). Reading between the lines he probably resigned on the spot at a board meeting when the other board members wouldn't back him to fire the CEO, shows he's a strong leader not afraid to back his own strongly held beliefs and his strength and the courage he showed to back his own strongly held convictions is what got AIR disentangled from VAH.

The other thing is seeing as the board of VAH wanted to initiate a major capital raise and AIR had decided to sell their stake there was a potential conflict of interest if he had of stayed on the board...I believe from memory that was the official line of why he resigned but i'd imagine there might have been some slightly more colourful language used at that board meeting...overall, what's not to like ? The satisfactory end result, (in the circumstances considering the truly appalling financial performance of VAH), justifies the means, does it not ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-10-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

got my numbers wrong haha 1.76 is the resistance now as the consolidation was 1.76 - 180 now we have hit 1.76 which was the bottom of the consolidation and retreated. so needs to go above 1.76
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I am curious, why do you think that was a disastrous mistake ? They got 33 cps for the initial tranche when the SP was much lower and recently sold the rest of 32 cps when again the SP is languishing in the low 20's, (last time I looked).
    He called out the CEO as being incompetent, (6 years in the top job and all they can do is make losses in the most favourable conditions for airlines in half a century in FY16). Either the business model of VAH is systemically flawed, the CEO is doing a very poor job, or both, (I think both). Reading between the lines he probably resigned on the spot at a board meeting when the other board members wouldn't back him to fire the CEO, shows he's a strong leader not afraid to back his own strongly held beliefs and his strength and the courage he showed to back his own strongly held convictions is what got AIR disentangled from VAH.

The other thing is seeing as the board of VAH wanted to initiate a major capital raise and AIR had decided to sell their stake there was a potential conflict of interest if he had of stayed on the board...I believe from memory that was the official line of why he resigned but i'd imagine there might have been some slightly more colourful language used at that board meeting...overall, what's not to like ? The satisfactory end result, (in the circumstances considering the truly appalling financial performance of VAH), justifies the means, does it not ?
    It worked out ok in the end but it could have been messy in terms of the HNA share dilution(VAH)....Quote..If Air New Zealand had handled itself differently it would have had a seat in negotiating the new strategic partner. Instead, Luxon's resignation meant the airline lost any rights to be consulted on the HNA investment and strategic alliance....

I personally dont think its smart to burn bridges...just sayin

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Longtack View Post
    For you techies - Air NZ has support @ around $1.80 (todays close.)
    Interesting to read this from the very first page of this thread, in September 2004.

I topped up a little today. Still well in the red though.

IMO

You've read all 313 pages Jantar!!!! Aglutton for punishment/entertainment; quiet day in the Pump house, theGenerator room. any conclusions there?The most pumped stock here?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    You've read all 313 pages Jantar!!!! Aglutton for punishment/entertainment; quiet day in the Pump house, theGenerator room. any conclusions there?The most pumped stock here?
    Actually there are 626 pages and on view numbers Air comes in 4th behind, Peb/HBL and Xro, Peb is the clear winner by a long distance plane flight on both counts, so obviously Air needs a bit more pumping to stay in the race.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    No. Accidentally clicked on the title instead of unread posts and immediately scrolled down to bottom of the page, read the last 2 posts on that page and saw the close at $1.80. I thought that sounded a bit high and so looked at the date and time of the post.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Paper Tigers General Theory of Postativity

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Actually there are 626 pages and on view numbers Air comes in 4th behind, Peb/HBL and Xro, Peb is the clear winner by a long distance plane flight on both counts, so obviously Air needs a bit more pumping to stay in the race.
    Actually the number of thread pages depends upon your Number of 'Posts to Show Per Page' setting. You have it set at 15, JT at 30.

The actual correct setting is 20 per page giving 470 pages.

Just a pity that Jantar did not read post#3

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum