sharetrader
Page 954 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 4548549049449509519529539549559569579589641004105414541954 ... LastLast
Results 9,531 to 9,540 of 20182

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Thanks winner.
    so EPS. Goes from 2012, $6.3, 16.5, 25.8, 30.9, 53.4 (inc after specials deducted) And the SP drops from $3 to under $2 ? That doesn't make sense. Why the sudden price drop on a profit of over 50% ?
    I understand that this years profit will be a lot less probably .
    I suspect a number of people were shorting the stock until recently. The tone of many repetitive negative posts on here suggested some posters had a financial interest in talking the stock down.
    That and uncertainty over the effect of extra competition going forward into FY18 and beyond.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

oil price may have peaked short term adding to favourable air, good for air as there still in the black for hedging $2 maybe coming?
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Didn't think it would get there that fast. More and more buyers kept on coming all day. Am still buying,and will carry on until.....$2.10..$2.20....When are the TAers due to start buying?...2.10....2.20? All us GIBTA's can sit back for a while and ride the second wave up when the TA people start buying, or will some get in early and start buying in the 1.90's. I wouldn't be surprised see $2 by Christmas. Happy hunting out there.
    $2 by Christmas - not that I'm a blatant ramper but I seriously think we will be over $2 by the end of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two Gloves View Post
    $2 by Christmas - not that I'm a blatant ramper but I seriously think we will be over $2 by the end of the week!
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-10-2016 at 09:42 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two Gloves View Post
    And it's only a short week, so get in fast and grab a bargain. Bought another 14,000 this morning, new av price is now up $19,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Only gained modest volumes in the 170s so lets see if we trade on a suckers rally:-)
    No 'suckers' here Raz

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    held at long term support which also happened to be 50% fib support around this number as well , that consolidation breakdown was a fake out at the lows just need it to get back to 1.95 and ill be able to square out my capital loss and pocket the div - cross fingers
    im out of my trading lot close enough to target 1.94, 1.95 is fib resistance etc etc so needs to get above there now I reckon for more advance looks stretched in the short term
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No 'suckers' here Raz

No worries
    Technically the SP is still ways below MA50 and MA200 - so I think the chances for a sucker rally (or a dead cat bounce) are at least as good (or actually higher) than the chances for a trend change away from the still intact downtrend.

Not trying to pick on you - there are some others blatantly ramping on this thread ... and I guess it can be fun as long as people read this similar to the talk of supporters of one rugby team in a match ... one group of supporters is likely to be right and one group of supporters is likely to be wrong. You can't decide which team wins by listening to just one group of supporters ... and even listening to both supporter groups is no good.

Just worried about people who might base their investment decisions based on this chatter ... enjoy it, lough about it, read previous pages of this thread and look what happened with past "predictions" of some of the more active posters on this thread ... and take lots of care before you invest real money.

Discl: holding and watching very closely
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

If this is a bad day on the market with a lot of red everywhere and AIR is in the green, then it just shows how oversold it was in last couple of weeks. Do prefer it to creep up 1c or 2c a day until it reaches it's fair value rather than a big jump like yesterday. Still good buying at this price with 10%+ yld.

(20/0.72) / 191.5 = 14.5% Gross Yield