sharetrader
Page 958 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 4588589089489549559569579589599609619629681008105814581958 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,580 of 20184

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yep holding stocks in essential services is the way to go regardless of the political climate, people still have to eat, fly and use a phone.
    When did flying become an essential service?

Banned

Time to batten down the hatches over the next while, expect extreme turbulence to affect all stocks while all the panic merchants sell in fear.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    When did flying become an essential service?
    Ever since rail and sea became for excursions and holidays only. If you want to travel for anything other than relaxation then air is the only option.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Ever since rail and sea became for excursions and holidays only. If you want to travel for anything other than relaxation then air is the only option.
    Well said, I wasn't going to answer his question with it being the year 2016 rather than 1916.

Time to batten down the hatches over the next while, expect extreme turbulence to affect all stocks while all the panic merchants sell in fear.
    Crikey! See what you mean. I expect there may have been quite a few stop loss (trigger) orders hiding just below $1.90. I was tempted to do that myself, but decided to keep it manual.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    While air travel is essential if you want to holiday overseas holidaying overseas isn't essential in itself.
    Therefore air travel isn't essential.
    Not like food and a roof!

Banned

While air travel is essential if you want to holiday overseas holidaying overseas isn't essential in itself.
    The word essential has a subjective meaning according to the individual and to a vast number of people air travel for various reasons fits that definition. PS-Snowsports are not essential either yet thousands of young ones arrive in NZ each year to hit the slopes while living the most basic of lifestyles.

Guru

The word essential has a subjective meaning according to the individual and to a vast number of people air travel for various reasons fits that definition. PS-Snowsports are not essential either yet thousands of young ones arrive in NZ each year to hit the slopes while living the most basic of lifestyles.
    It is certainly subjective but context counts for a lot.
    You said

Yep holding stocks in essential services is the way to go regardless of the political climate, people still have to eat, fly and use a phone.
    I would contend that air travel is not essential therefore holding stock in AIR can't be considered "holding a stock in an essential service".
    In a downturn overseas holidays is one of the 1st things to be shelved, food would be one of the last.

Missed by that much

Why limit travel to holidays?
    I head off to Queensland on Saturday to compete in the PanPacific Masters games. It isn't a holiday as I hope to get at least 1 medal, and air travel is the only way to get there. I suppose sport is optional, yet these event do still get held even in economic downturns.
    In April I am going to Vienna for a scientific conference. Again, not a holiday and air travel is the only way to get there. I guess conferences are also optional, yet they still get held even in economic downturns.

In modern times even freight is being handled more and more by air rather than sea. So I do not dispair of air travel suddenly ceasing.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Did you know that

New Zealand currently brews more Jet Fuel than it consumes !

NZ tourism boom soaks up jet fuel supplies

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum