sharetrader
Page 964 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 4648649149549609619629639649659669679689741014106414641964 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,640 of 20180

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    On days like today the NZX should simply be closed for business to focus on what's important, tomorrow's another day.
    Agree 100% with you mate but on the other hand its nice to see the market open and people aren't panicking. FBU up, as many would have expected. To be honest I am a little surprised some of the listed property stocks haven't taken a hit with the fear and uncertainty of what damage has been incurred. Good welly airport is all go and no major disruption to air travel...we need that, unfortunately it looks like South Island road and rail will be affected for quite a considerable time. Wonder how Blenheim airport has been affected ?

Lucky Passengers
    http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/...cid=spartandhp
    Bit lucky both engines kept working, (sort of)
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-11-2016 at 03:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Zip to do with the airline industry however fly with a number of airlines on a regular basis..the volume from all airlines of emails and direct approaches is at fever pitch and Emirates is doing extra special stuff for frequent flyers...can't be good for margins.
    Can't help but wonder if consumers generally are getting a little blasι about cheap travel deals now ? We've had cheap fuel for a while now so cheap just becomes the new normal doesn't it and its a bit like a Briscoes sale that happens every single week, usually twice a week with them. In my opinion the noise is now too much and if people are like me they'll be reacting by simply starting to ignore so called special opportunities and just buy when they want too and probably end up paying more by booking at the last minute, (like I did with my trip this week to Queenstown). Perhaps that's AIR's cunning subversive plan, beat people to death with grossly excessive marketing noise so they put all marketing channels on the ignore setting and then pay full price at the last minute...cunning plan, worked with me !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Talking

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11748081

best airline in the world....with big juicy dividend

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post

Feeling proud, no doubt the resident feline will find some way to put a negative spin on things.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post

Always admired how Air New Zealand dynamically recaptiualize interdependent growth strategies

And this award shows that it works
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Media Report "Berkshire Hathaway's just released SEC filings show that the company has taken a stake in three of the four major airline companies — American Airlines, United Continental Holdings and Delta Air Lines.

But CNBC can report exclusively that Berkshire also has taken a stake in the fourth major carrier, Southwest Airlines."

I've sent a message to Warren that AIR is best airline in world .....and the best investment in the world.
    Last edited by winner69; 15-11-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I am sure that Buffett use to say "never buy airline shares".

Hopefully senility is not setting in.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool I blame the earthquakes and rain

Feeling proud, no doubt the resident feline will find some way to put a negative spin on things.
    And a very good morning to you too cootie - stay safe.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    And a very good morning to you too cootie - stay safe.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Yes being severely shaken and drenched does tend to cause a certain kinda melancholy, cootie now that sounds quite cute, I like it.
    Best Wishes
    Cootie
    Last edited by couta1; 15-11-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Yes being severely shaken and drenched does tend to cause a certain kinda melancholy, cootie now that sounds quite cute, I like it.
    Best Wishes
    Cootie
    So, um, just so we're clear a "cootie" is a body louse. Maybe you should just keep signing off as Couta1.