sharetrader
Page 968 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 4688689189589649659669679689699709719729781018106814681968 ... LastLast
Results 9,671 to 9,680 of 20178

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

It was the Virgin (under arm bowlers division) AGM today. The news from the meeting is their low cost carrier subsidary (West Tigers NRL branding.) was going to ditch its A320's for 737's.

In an interview after the meeting the CEO said the LCC was keen to expand single-isle international services.

Hmm!; lets do some joined up thinking. Expansion + 737's(flight range) + International Services. Could he mean Cullen Airlines home patch?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Your today is my tomorrow because I am still in yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    It was the Virgin (under arm bowlers division) AGM today. The news from the meeting is their low cost carrier subsidary (West Tigers NRL branding.) was going to ditch its A320's for 737's.

In an interview after the meeting the CEO said the LCC was keen to expand single-isle international services.

Hmm!; lets do some joined up thinking. Expansion + 737's(flight range) + International Services. Could he mean Cullen Airlines home patch?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    The AGM was 'yesterday' 16th Nov and not 'today' 17th Nov.

The A320 to B737 was announced in July.

but yes they could fly to NZ, whether they will is another matter.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: posted 7:44pm TLT (Tiger's Local Time)
    om mani peme hum

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    The AGM was 'yesterday' 16th Nov and not 'today' 17th Nov.

The A320 to B737 was announced in July.

but yes they could fly to NZ, whether they will is another matter.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: posted 7:44pm TLT (Tiger's Local Time)
    Virgin already do fly to New Zealand. I flew with them last week to Brisbane. Service and comfort is no where as good as AIR, but the only direct flights available out of Dunedin.
    Last edited by Jantar; 18-11-2016 at 10:08 AM.

UA Basic Economy - Perhaps a great fit for Grabaseat fares?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11750174

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    UA Basic Economy - Perhaps a great fit for Grabaseat fares?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11750174
    Its just as bad as Jetstar right at the back of an AIR A320. Suffered misery class on our flight to Queenstown this week. On principle I object to paying extra for seat select so we didn't and we were allocated seats 29A and B right at the back where the fuselage comes around and cramps you right up. I swear the seat pitch is worse at the back too, knees rammed right in hard against the seat in front just like on Jetstar.
    My wife had the very cramped window seat and ended up getting claustrophobic from the experience and had trouble breathing after suffering a mild panic attack and had to have oxygen. At least the staff were very nice, sympathetic and helpful, unlike any I have met on Jetstar. From now on we'll ante-up and begrudgingly pay the extra $10 each for the exit row seats which are the only ones on an A320 to have truly generous leg room. AIR staff were extremely nice and kind to my wife and I...as I have always found them to be. The flight was fully loaded so there was nowhere else for us to be shifted too, just plenty of oxygen for my wife to help her settle. Fortunately this all happened just before we started our descent. Wonder how she would have coped on a longer flight when the oxygen bottle ran out ?

United's basic economy definitely not for us !
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-11-2016 at 10:54 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Talking Tiger Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Virgin already do fly to New Zealand. I flew with them last week to Brisbane. Service and comfort is no where as good as AIR, but the only direct flights available out of Dunedin.
    The discussion was with regard to TigerAir (Australia), who do not currently fly to NZ.

There was a young lady from Niger

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Its just as bad as Jetstar right at the back of an AIR A320. Suffered misery class on our flight to Queenstown this week. On principle I object to paying extra for seat select so we didn't and we were allocated seats 29A and B right at the back where the fuselage comes around and cramps you right up. I swear the seat pitch is worse at the back too, knees rammed right in hard against the seat in front just like on Jetstar.
    My wife had the very cramped window seat and ended up getting claustrophobic from the experience and had trouble breathing after suffering a mild panic attack and had to have oxygen. At least the staff were very nice, sympathetic and helpful, unlike any I have met on Jetstar. From now on we'll ante-up and begrudgingly pay the extra $10 each for the exit row seats which are the only ones on an A320 to have truly generous leg room. AIR staff were extremely nice and kind to my wife and I...as I have always found them to be. The flight was fully loaded so there was nowhere else for us to be shifted too, just plenty of oxygen for my wife to help her settle. Fortunately this all happened just before we started our descent. Wonder how she would have coped on a longer flight when the oxygen bottle ran out ?

United's basic economy definitely not for us !
    Geez Roger ,that doesnt sound good,although having nice staff and the use of oxygen would have a made a bad thing a bit better.My wife was put into the very back seat on a flight to Vancouver(didnt recline) and it was no fun. I dont think AIR is particularly good at comfort but I suppose their crew are a positive---Its really how all that stacks up against the price and what you get for paying more. Those domestics can be pretty good if you shop around---its usually who has a special at the time you want to go I reckon.
    Ive found that being able to choose seats when going to Thailand with MAL was almost like being bumped up a class--we were able to get the 2 seats by window close to the front.
    The first time we just got on the computer and choose the seats free--the second(last winter)they wanted $50 but when I called flight cr where I bought the tickets,they did it for free(?)---long and the short is that its far more important on the longer hauls,but even 2 hrs can be a long time in a really bad seating situation or as in more than one case,your freezing. (Im wondering if the planes they(AIR) use on the Auck-Vancouver route have issues with the dispersal of uniform heat throughout the plane(its happened twice)

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Geez Roger ,that doesnt sound good,although having nice staff and the use of oxygen would have a made a bad thing a bit better.My wife was put into the very back seat on a flight to Vancouver(didnt recline) and it was no fun. I dont think AIR is particularly good at comfort but I suppose their crew are a positive---Its really how all that stacks up against the price and what you get for paying more. Those domestics can be pretty good if you shop around---its usually who has a special at the time you want to go I reckon.
    Ive found that being able to choose seats when going to Thailand with MAL was almost like being bumped up a class--we were able to get the 2 seats by window close to the front.
    The first time we just got on the computer and choose the seats free--the second(last winter)they wanted $50 but when I called flight cr where I bought the tickets,they did it for free(?)---long and the short is that its far more important on the longer hauls,but even 2 hrs can be a long time in a really bad seating situation or as in more than one case,your freezing. (Im wondering if the planes they(AIR) use on the Auck-Vancouver route have issues with the dispersal of uniform heat throughout the plane(its happened twice)
    The main advantage with koru is domestically with seat options and selection of seats...great seats at the front..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    The main advantage with koru is domestically with seat options and selection of seats...great seats at the front..
    I realize Rogers experience was not pleasant, but I never personally worry much about seats on short hauls-- Long hauls are much more important---The wife just recently made a dash to Montreal and back with United and reported it was a similar experience to AIR for a fraction of the price---Im not a big fan of United ,but there you go (saving a grand was handy)---no choosing seats though for either.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I don't fly often enough to warrant the annual fee. Learned my lesson and we paid the $10 extra for exit row seats on the way back, (I promise not to do a Bob Jones on them), and it was all good.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine